The Newest Version of F-Secure... NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodney74

Thread author
I just wrote them to compliment them on this latest version. Here is my letter in full.

A while back, I purchased your internet security suite.

I wasn't happy with it, and I believe I communicated that to you via email.

I uninstalled it, and deleted the software from my PC.

I decided yesterday to try your software again, I purchased the latest version.

Man what a surprise. Its very fast, doesn't get in the way, seems to work perfect in every way. All my apps open without hesitation.

This is just a word of encouragement, this latest version is great, love the UI.

Keep up the good work, my hats off to you. Great Job.

R

Rodney74

Thread author
A couple yrs ago they released a beta that was very unusual in UI design, it was super lite... But not sure what happened to it. I think its still available for download and installation...It was very cool.

Reactions: aragornnnn

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
It was a F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus but I think that they abandoned this project.
hHK7gXE.jpg

F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus

R

Rodney74

Thread author
I just combined the Evorim Free Firewall with F-Secure to see how it would work (made Macrium BU image first) and still no slow downs.

This has got to be the fastest IS Suite for me...Good Job F-Secure.

Not sure how it would do against Ransom-ware, or any IS Suite would do, but that is a totally different issue.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I just combined the Evorim Free Firewall with F-Secure to see how it would work (made Macrium BU image first) and still no slow downs.

This has got to be the fastest IS Suite for me...Good Job F-Secure.

Not sure how it would do against Ransom-ware, or any IS Suite would do, but that is a totally different issue.
DeepGuard is pretty good when it comes to ransomware protection. Of course, not 100℅ protection but better then average for sure.

R

Rodney74

Thread author
DeepGuard is pretty good when it comes to ransomware protection. Of course, not 100℅ protection but better then average for sure.

Yea I'm going as light as I can. I understand layers, and don't necessarily disagree.

But others say all the layers present more software that others then try to find weaknesses in, so they say a good all around solution can more easily keep things patched than 2-4 items, and possibly one of the solutions developers misses something which then exposes your system.

opinions, opinions.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
and many FP:D
I can't agree :)

Yes, some brand new .exe files that I know are freshest, are blocked (with a question what to do). But other than that, no FPs for me over a year or so.

Regarding incompatibility - yes, it does check for those programs (including ZAM). I installed ZAL afterwards and they have been working together for quite some time. No issues to report.

DeepGuard is rather effective against crypto malware.
IIRC, crypto ransomware got thru FS only once. This is during all the time I've been testing the product here in MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.