Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Quick: What's the best phone you've ever used? For many, the answer is Nokia 3310, a nearly indestructible phone that predates the smartphone era by nearly a decade.

Launched in 2000 by then-gigantic Finnish phone maker Nokia, the 3310 was compact, sturdy, reliable and its battery lasted forever. Now, according to a report by reliable leaker of all things mobile, Evan Blass, the Nokia 3310 is poised for a triumphant return.

OK, we're not sure about the "triumphant" bit, as the report, posted over on VentureBeat, is scarce on details. It appears the HMD Global Oy, the Finnish manufacturer that bought the rights to market phones under the Nokia brand from Microsoft, will launch a "modern version" of 3310 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this month.

More precisely, the phone will be launched Feb. 26, when HMD has scheduled an event in Barcelona, and the new Nokia 3310 will cost a mere €59 ($63). Other than that, we know nothing — but we definitely hope this 3310 reboot will include the legendary game from the original phone, Snake.

HMD will launch a couple of smartphones as well, Blass claims: Nokia 5 and Nokia 3. The 5.2-inch Nokia 5 will have 2GB of RAM and a 12-megapixel camera, and it will retail for €199 ($211). There are no details about the entry-level Nokia 3 except that it will cost €149 ($158), and both phones will run on Android 7, according to the report.

The company will also showcase the already launched Nokia 6, which has so far only been available in China.

We'll be in Barcelona to cover the Mobile World Congress and we'll definitely take the opportunity to compare the rebooted Nokia 3310 to the original one, pictured below.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F383044%2F3afb51a3-048f-42ea-9ac8-e7ad64491aaf.jpg

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Still use it :blush: I'm a little old-fashioned, hehe!
Okay few time testing friend smartphone, do'h! Not my cup of tea! Its almost annoying to watch people who walk on the streets and nothing else than twiddle smarphone! Everywhere!! There is NO escape :lol: .

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Never had one. In fact I never owned a Nokia. I was more of an Ericsson guy :p I've had their very last Ericsson branded phone, the Ericsson R600 with 3 color switchable backlight in orange, green and red. Pretty unique back then.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
This might become a hit in my country due to some people here preferring cheap basic phones for calling and texting.

It was my mother who had Nokia 3310. :)

My first ever phone was an Alcatel phone. My second phone was Nokia 3315. :D

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I know my dad will be happy though. He doesn't like smartphones because he doesn't really need all the extra crap, he just needs calls and sometimes SMS and that's it. He was on Nokia 3510 few years ago, now he's on some newer Nokia. He'll need new one eventually...

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Wowsome!
What if Thor needed a hammer redesign ;)

It's good to have a Nokia phone.. and I had a good laugh reading @BugCode's post.
It reminds me of my childhood phone, a premier Antenna phone:
d8f3b17f8e8e137a322a9000b6d2a82b.jpg
#6110.
Damn, those premier phones were costly back then.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.