The number of malware infested websites has doubled in one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungry Man

Thread author
Jul 21, 2011
[attachment=818]

*More than one million web sites were estimated to be infected in Q4 2010. As compared to data from one year prior (Q4 2009), web malware infections have nearly doubled and are a growing threat that needs to be abated.

*The probability that an average Internet user will hit an infected page after three months of web browsing is 95%.

Read more: Here

Attachments

• advthreat_infectedwebsites.gif
    advthreat_infectedwebsites.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 585

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The probability that an average Internet user will hit an infected page after three months of web browsing is 95%.
I've read a article in which the author said that Google managed to drop to almost a half the malicious links from it's search results....so maybe the next report will be better.
I'm not really surprised to see that their is more malware in 2010 than it was in 2009 because I can bet you that in 2011 their will be reported more malicious links than in 2010.The world is evolving so that's the main reason.
This is the reason why a site advisor and a webguard would be good features in any security configuration.

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
Hate those malware writers, They just don't leave anyone alone....
It is the users who should be aware.

That is the reason why must have a web guard as said by Jack...

Using WOT or something like that can keep us secure from the attacks...

D

Deleted member 178

i dont care of them, a good security suite and a backup image is all you need.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well we can expect more continuous infested website as the year revolve. So always realtime protection are fired up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.