Off-Topic The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

upnorth

Level 23
Trusted

Quote : " In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.

The Defense Department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program, which it says it shut down in 2012. But its backers say that, while the Pentagon ended funding for the effort at that time, the program remains in existence. For the past five years, they say, officials with the program have continued to investigate episodes brought to them by service members, while also carrying out their other Defense Department duties. "

Quote : " U.F.O.s have been repeatedly investigated over the decades in the United States, including by the American military. In 1947, the Air Force began a series of studies that investigated more than 12,000 claimed U.F.O. sightings before it was officially ended in 1969. The project, which included a study code-named Project Blue Book, started in 1952, concluded that most sightings involved stars, clouds, conventional aircraft or spy planes, although 701 remained unexplained. "

Source : Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

tim one

Level 21
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
Well it would be too presumptuous to say, "we are alone in the universe".
The problem is the distance, light-years separate us from other intelligent civilizations.
But we reason according to our technological level, we cannot go to "them" but maybe they have come to us or they are here.
It is highly likely that governments have covered up the evidence for many years, but indeed many UFO files are now made known.

HarborFront

Level 40
Content Creator
Do you all realize that those UFO & alien clips on youtube and other UFO sites are always blurry. Even those taken by the space station or moon rover cameras as well

I suppose NASA and other space agencies do not use 4K/8K resolution cameras onboard their space vehicles. Maybe their cameras are of VGA resolution.

:rolleyes:

Slyguy

Level 35
OS
Other OS
22 milion dollar budget but yet they use a 1 dollar potato camera to actually bring in the "proof" :ROFLMAO:
$1 potato camera with vaseline smeared on the lens. That's always what we see..

Ever notice banks seem to all have $1 cameras from China? Police body cams always magically facing the wrong way or turned off. If I can have 1080P HD cams on my home with crystal clear pictures of your skin blemishes, these guys can't?

Last edited:

Faybert

Level 22
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
G Data
That there are other civilizations in other galaxies and planets, this is obvious, but the government will never transmit evidence or the like, it is a joke and think that we are all stupid to say that it goes on Mars only to find bacterium. For those who like the subject, I advise watching the series Ancient Aliens, evidence is what is not missing there that we have always been visited by other civilizations.

HarborFront said:
Do you all realize that those UFO & alien clips on youtube and other UFO sites are always blurry. Even those taken by the space station or moon rover cameras as well
aragornnnn said:
"22 milion dollar budget but yet they use a 1 dollar potato camera to actually bring in the "proof" :ROFLMAO:

$1 potato camera with vaseline smeared on the lens. That's always what we see..

Ever notice banks seem to all have $1 cameras from China? Police body cams always magically facing the wrong way or turned off. If I can have 1080P HD cams on my home with crystal clear pictures of your skin blemishes, these guys can't?
Maybe maybe...
- the cameras for UFO sightings are hacked? always?...hmm I don't think so, but

Two Romanians charged with hacking US capital police cameras : on phys.org: https://phys.org/news/2017-12-romanians-hacking-capital-police-cameras.html
December 28, 2017
Two Romanian nationals have been arrested and charged with hacking into computer systems which controlled surveillance cameras for the Metropolitan Police Department in the US capital earlier this year, officials said Thursday.
A criminal complaint unsealed in Washington said the two—Mihai Alexandru Isvanca, 25, and Eveline Cismaru, 28—were arrested in Bucharest on December 15 and charged with conspiracy and various forms of computer fraud.
The Justice Department said the pair managed to disable 123 of the police department's 187 outdoor surveillance cameras in early January by infecting computer systems with ransomware—an effort "to extort money" in exchange for unlocking the computer, according to an affidavit filed in court.
The case "was of the highest priority" because it impacted efforts to plan security ahead of the 2017 presidential inauguration, according to officials.
The Secret Service and other agencies "quickly ensured that the surveillance camera system was secure and operational" and the investigation found no security threats as a result of the scheme.
Isvanca remains in custody in Romania and Cismaru is on house arrest there pending further legal proceedings, the Justice Department said.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Well it would be too presumptuous to say, "we are alone in the universe".
The problem is the distance, light-years separate us from other intelligent civilizations.
But we reason according to our technological level, we cannot go to "them" but maybe they have come to us or they are here.
It is highly likely that governments have covered up the evidence for many years, but indeed many UFO files are now made known.
I don't think it's the distance scientists are worrying about but an unexpected bottleneck in either technological progress or creation of intelligent life or life.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
There is a theory that the reason Mars once had water is because earth didn't until they crashed into each other, casting Mars out of the sweet zone and earth into it. And creating the moon.
There is also a book called Mars Earth Wars. The Little Bang Theory - Mars-Earth Wars
What is a sweet zone? I thought both Earth and Mars were in the Goldilocks zone.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
What is a sweet zone? I thought both Earth and Mars were in the Goldilocks zone.
Mars was in the zone you speak of but was hit buy a huge object that knocked it out of orbit. Then at some points in history it passed close to earth causing disasters.

HarborFront

Level 40
Content Creator
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
There was another theory that an interplanetary nuclear war took place and a giant planet in our solar system was destroyed and, in the process, Mars atmosphere was blown away

The First Global Nuclear War and a Coverup of historical proportions...

:rolleyes:
Yes there is a place on earth where the soil was turned to glass. and the old ones had a landing pad. I remember reading that along time ago.
Then there was planet X posted about in 1983 and right afterword the article was withdrawn.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I want to believe. But then I'm thinking, will we ever be able to read any of the alien's signals? If they are at least as smart as we are they will use encryption for all of their data transmissions. So who knows. We might get constantly bombarded with signals from them but it is all encrypted because they had their own Snowden moment a long time ago and we dismiss it as background noise lol...

BryanB

Level 11
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
I want to believe. But then I'm thinking, will we ever be able to read any of the alien's signals? If they are at least as smart as we are they will use encryption for all of their data transmissions. So who knows. We might get constantly bombarded with signals from them but it is all encrypted because they had their own Snowden moment a long time ago and we dismiss it as background noise lol...
If we just admit that mathematical probability is truth, (Einstein) than there is no question statistically that other life is out there and the variation of life forms would be phenomenal. Consider that we really don't even know the extent, the boundaries of the universe yet! We're babes really.

Last edited:
P

plat1098

The elements such as oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, etc. are not unique to Earth. Therefore, organic life forms are not only a probability but a virtual certainty. We aren't the axis on which the universe rotates, so cognizant forms exist with or without our knowledge and "blessings". In context, we're maybe a speck of dirt or a tiny polluted molecule, more like.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
The elements such as oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, etc. are not unique to Earth. Therefore, organic life forms are not only a probability but a virtual certainty. We aren't the axis on which the universe rotates, so cognizant forms exist with or without our knowledge and "blessings". In context, we're maybe a speck of dirt or a tiny polluted molecule, more like.
Oxygen's highly reactive and we have 23% of that in the atmosphere. Carbon and Hydrogen are useless alone.
It's just Earth's unlikely to be unique but there are no aliens. This paradox means there must be a problem that bottlenecks aliens from being seen.

Forgot your password?