The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by upnorth, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. upnorth

upnorth Level 11

Jul 27, 2015
    Sweden

Quote : " In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.

The Defense Department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program, which it says it shut down in 2012. But its backers say that, while the Pentagon ended funding for the effort at that time, the program remains in existence. For the past five years, they say, officials with the program have continued to investigate episodes brought to them by service members, while also carrying out their other Defense Department duties. "

Quote : " U.F.O.s have been repeatedly investigated over the decades in the United States, including by the American military. In 1947, the Air Force began a series of studies that investigated more than 12,000 claimed U.F.O. sightings before it was officially ended in 1969. The project, which included a study code-named Project Blue Book, started in 1952, concluded that most sightings involved stars, clouds, conventional aircraft or spy planes, although 701 remained unexplained. "

Source : Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

ZeroDay, Andy Ful, Vasudev and 12 others like this.
  2. tim one

tim one Level 19
    Trusted AV Tester

Jul 31, 2014
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Well it would be too presumptuous to say, "we are alone in the universe".
    The problem is the distance, light-years separate us from other intelligent civilizations.
    But we reason according to our technological level, we cannot go to "them" but maybe they have come to us or they are here.
    It is highly likely that governments have covered up the evidence for many years, but indeed many UFO files are now made known.

3. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    Do you all realize that those UFO & alien clips on youtube and other UFO sites are always blurry. Even those taken by the space station or moon rover cameras as well

I suppose NASA and other space agencies do not use 4K/8K resolution cameras onboard their space vehicles. Maybe their cameras are of VGA resolution.

:rolleyes:

4. aragornnnn

aragornnnn Level 11

Aug 18, 2016
    Warehouse Employee @ Nike ELC Belgium
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    22 milion dollar budget but yet they use a 1 dollar potato camera to actually bring in the "proof" :ROFLMAO:

5. upnorth

upnorth Level 11

Jul 27, 2015
    Sweden
  6. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 22

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    #6 Slyguy, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    $1 potato camera with vaseline smeared on the lens. That's always what we see..

Ever notice banks seem to all have $1 cameras from China? Police body cams always magically facing the wrong way or turned off. If I can have 1080P HD cams on my home with crystal clear pictures of your skin blemishes, these guys can't?

7. Faybert

Faybert Level 10
    AV Tester

Jan 8, 2017
    Brasil
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    That there are other civilizations in other galaxies and planets, this is obvious, but the government will never transmit evidence or the like, it is a joke and think that we are all stupid to say that it goes on Mars only to find bacterium. For those who like the subject, I advise watching the series Ancient Aliens, evidence is what is not missing there that we have always been visited by other civilizations.

tim one, Trickster, Vasudev and 7 others like this.
  8. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    There is a theory that the reason Mars once had water is because earth didn't until they crashed into each other, casting Mars out of the sweet zone and earth into it. And creating the moon.
    There is also a book called Mars Earth Wars. The Little Bang Theory - Mars-Earth Wars

Vasudev, Deletedmessiah and bribon77 like this.
  9. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #9 Prorootect, Dec 29, 2017

HarborFront said:
    Do you all realize that those UFO & alien clips on youtube and other UFO sites are always blurry. Even those taken by the space station or moon rover cameras as well
    aragornnnn said:
    "22 milion dollar budget but yet they use a 1 dollar potato camera to actually bring in the "proof" :ROFLMAO:

Maybe maybe...
    - the cameras for UFO sightings are hacked? always?...hmm I don't think so, but

Two Romanians charged with hacking US capital police cameras : on phys.org: https://phys.org/news/2017-12-romanians-hacking-capital-police-cameras.html
    December 28, 2017
    Two Romanian nationals have been arrested and charged with hacking into computer systems which controlled surveillance cameras for the Metropolitan Police Department in the US capital earlier this year, officials said Thursday.
    A criminal complaint unsealed in Washington said the two—Mihai Alexandru Isvanca, 25, and Eveline Cismaru, 28—were arrested in Bucharest on December 15 and charged with conspiracy and various forms of computer fraud.
    The Justice Department said the pair managed to disable 123 of the police department's 187 outdoor surveillance cameras in early January by infecting computer systems with ransomware—an effort "to extort money" in exchange for unlocking the computer, according to an affidavit filed in court.
    The case "was of the highest priority" because it impacted efforts to plan security ahead of the 2017 presidential inauguration, according to officials.
    The Secret Service and other agencies "quickly ensured that the surveillance camera system was secure and operational" and the investigation found no security threats as a result of the scheme.
    Isvanca remains in custody in Romania and Cismaru is on house arrest there pending further legal proceedings, the Justice Department said.

10. TerrakionSmash

TerrakionSmash Level 16

Nov 17, 2016
    Somewhere underwater or over water. I am water!
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I don't think it's the distance scientists are worrying about but an unexpected bottleneck in either technological progress or creation of intelligent life or life.

tim one and Vasudev like this.
  11. TerrakionSmash

TerrakionSmash Level 16

Nov 17, 2016
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    #11 TerrakionSmash, Dec 29, 2017
    What is a sweet zone? I thought both Earth and Mars were in the Goldilocks zone.

Vasudev, Deletedmessiah and bribon77 like this.
  12. TerrakionSmash

TerrakionSmash Level 16

Nov 17, 2016
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
  13. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Mars was in the zone you speak of but was hit buy a huge object that knocked it out of orbit. Then at some points in history it passed close to earth causing disasters.

Vasudev likes this.
  14. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    There was another theory that an interplanetary nuclear war took place and a giant planet in our solar system was destroyed and, in the process, Mars atmosphere was blown away

The First Global Nuclear War and a Coverup of historical proportions...

:rolleyes:

15. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Yes there is a place on earth where the soil was turned to glass. and the old ones had a landing pad. I remember reading that along time ago.
    Then there was planet X posted about in 1983 and right afterword the article was withdrawn.

16. bribon77

bribon77 Level 11

Jul 6, 2017
    spain
    Windows 7
    Emsisoft
    I do not think that there are more people in other Planets, otherwise they would have destroyed us. Or maybe they do not see us as a threat?:alien::p

Prorootect, tim one, Vasudev and 4 others like this.
  17. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I want to believe. But then I'm thinking, will we ever be able to read any of the alien's signals? If they are at least as smart as we are they will use encryption for all of their data transmissions. So who knows. We might get constantly bombarded with signals from them but it is all encrypted because they had their own Snowden moment a long time ago and we dismiss it as background noise lol...

tim one, bribon77, Vasudev and 4 others like this.
  18. BryanB

BryanB Level 3

Aug 17, 2017
    Handyman
    MI
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    #18 BryanB, Dec 29, 2017
    If we just admit that mathematical probability is truth, (Einstein) than there is no question statistically that other life is out there and the variation of life forms would be phenomenal. Consider that we really don't even know the extent, the boundaries of the universe yet! We're babes really.

tim one, bribon77, DeepWeb and 4 others like this.
  19. plat1098

plat1098 Level 5

Aug 23, 2017
    Brooklyn
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    The elements such as oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, etc. are not unique to Earth. Therefore, organic life forms are not only a probability but a virtual certainty. We aren't the axis on which the universe rotates, so cognizant forms exist with or without our knowledge and "blessings". In context, we're maybe a speck of dirt or a tiny polluted molecule, more like.

tim one, bribon77, Vasudev and 3 others like this.
  20. TerrakionSmash

TerrakionSmash Level 16

Nov 17, 2016
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Oxygen's highly reactive and we have 23% of that in the atmosphere. Carbon and Hydrogen are useless alone.
    It's just Earth's unlikely to be unique but there are no aliens. This paradox means there must be a problem that bottlenecks aliens from being seen.

bribon77 and plat1098 like this.