The Postal Service is running a 'covert operations program' that monitors Americans' social media posts

Techno Mama

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2014
If only Americans knew the extent that our government and foreigners are encroaching on our liberties. Our country is toast.

"The details of the surveillance effort, known as iCOP, or Internet Covert Operations Program, have not previously been made public. The work involves having analysts trawl through social media sites to look for what the document describes as “inflammatory” postings and then sharing that information across government agencies"

The Postal Service is running a 'covert operations program' that monitors Americans' social media posts

Techno Mama

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2014
To date in 2021, I am aware of 2 people being visited by the FBI for negative social media posts, one against a congresswoman. No threats or anything bad, just a negative opinion. Is this where this is coming from?

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
There never has been and never will be true freedom to express your thoughts - The UK are running 3 ISP's gathering information for who knows what - Plus each & every site we visit is saved for I believe a year - The UK is seen as a pretty free place, & of course the country across the water is the Land Of the Free - I don't know who or why the people were visited by the SBI but behaving yourself goes a long way to being left well alone :rolleyes::rolleyes:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
To date in 2021, I am aware of 2 people being visited by the FBI for negative social media posts, one against a congresswoman.
That depends what media you are watching, there is stuff you will never see on CNN or on any 95% owned by them. Like Globalreaserch.ca posts freelance news (opinion of the author). Then again it is more prevalent in EU now, in one EU country you can not even do "hate" speech against LGBT at home (not on the internet) or you can face 3 years jail time.

Cops are actually like vampires, they can not enter your home, unless you invite them in, opening the door counts as such, so beware, cannabis users. ;)

Attachments

• knock-knock-its-the-police-we-just-wanna-talk-four-21533707.png
    knock-knock-its-the-police-we-just-wanna-talk-four-21533707.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 104
  • +Reputation
  • HaHa
Reactions: Kongo and Venustus
L

Local Host

That depends what media you are watching, there is stuff you will never see on CNN or on any 95% owned by them. Like Globalreaserch.ca posts freelance news (opinion of the author). Then again it is more prevalent in EU now, in one EU country you can not even do "hate" speech against LGBT at home (not on the internet) or you can face 3 years jail time.

Cops are actually like vampires, they can not enter your home, unless you invite them in, opening the door counts as such, so beware, cannabis users. ;)
I disagree with the EU comment, you can say whatever online without the authorities banging at your door, only when you're formally accused for harassing someone that you'll get company.

God knows the amount of crap I've seen online without any repercussion, then again nowadays people are extremely sensible, you say "AH" you'll have all sorts of weak minded humans whining you shouldn't say that.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 85179

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I disagree with the EU comment, you can say whatever online without the authorities banging at your door, only when you're formally accused for harassing someone that you'll get company.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

I'm from Germany and this video looks like fake to me (just amateur actors...) the topic in this video should be understandable as warning for everyone, but probably in every country around the world, some people still believes we have no real pandemic 🤦‍♂️ how ignorant those people can be after all months since the beginning of covid-19

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.