The Russian Kaspersky challenges the US from Madrid

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

The Russian Kaspersky challenges the US from Madrid and opens a center anti espionage

After opening a transparency center in Zurich, the first to premiere worldwide, to show that neither spy nor hide anything, the Russian firm plans the opening of another similar center in Madrid

The battle between the US and companies like Chinese Huawei and Russian Kaspersky, one of the largest developers of antivirus software in the world, is about to splash to Spain . The Trump administration accused Kaspersky at the end of 2017 of keeping secret contacts with spies in the pay of the Russian government . Its measure was drastic: to prohibit the use of its programs in all government agencies. Now Kaspersky has gone on the attack. After opening a center of transparency in Zurich, the first to premiere worldwide, to show that neither spy nor hide anything, the Russian firm plans the opening of another similar center in Madrid . Its objective, beyond washing its image, is geopolitical: to denounce the 'Cold Cyberwar' initiated by the US and expose its alleged double standards by crushing rival foreign companies on the one hand and turning a blind eye to another with Apple, Amazon , Facebook and Google.

Kaspersky, headquartered in Moscow and nearly 4,000 employees worldwide, last opened a new "transparency center" in Madrid, according to Teknautas have confirmed multiple international sources of the sector aware of the company's strategy, which now he kept the initiative secret because of the geopolitical background of his war with the United States. Officially, Kaspersky neither confirms nor denies the movement.

The battle between the US and companies like Chinese Huawei and Russian Kaspersky, one of the largest developers of antivirus software in the world, is about to splash to Spain . The Trump administration accused Kaspersky at the end of 2017 of keeping secret contacts with spies in the pay of the Russian government . Its measure was drastic: to prohibit the use of its programs in all government agencies. Now Kaspersky has gone on the attack. After opening a center of transparency in Zurich, the first to premiere worldwide, to show that neither spy nor hide anything, the Russian firm plans the opening of another similar center in Madrid . Its objective, beyond washing its image, is geopolitical: to denounce the 'Cold Cyberwar' initiated by the US and expose its alleged double standards by crushing rival foreign companies on the one hand and turning a blind eye to another with Apple, Amazon , Facebook and Google.

Kaspersky, headquartered in Moscow and nearly 4,000 employees worldwide, last opened a new "transparency center" in Madrid, according to Teknautas have confirmed multiple international sources of the sector aware of the company's strategy, which now he kept the initiative secret because of the geopolitical background of his war with the United States. Officially, Kaspersky neither confirms nor denies the movement.

"We do not have any additional comments beyond what has already been announced," a spokesperson tells this newspaper. But the start of the center, scheduled for the next few weeks, is now closed and approved . It will be the second to open in Europe, after the opening in Zurich at the end of last year . And the one in Madrid will precisely support the one located in Switzerland.
There the company has moved the servers that process the data analysis of European users. That is, if you have Kaspersky antivirus installed on your computer and it detects 'malware', your metadata will not travel to a server located in Russia as before, they will stay in Europe, in a data center in Zurich, where they will be analyzed. It's Kaspersky's way of telling the world: " Trust us, we're not Putin's paid spies ."

Continue Reading (translated from the original -> Spanish)

Deckard

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2019
I am using Windows 10 Home and Kaspersky Free.I am just a regular Joe and i have nothing to hide.So no worries for me.(y)
Oh Joe Black, come on. You can't say that.

Maybe you considere yourself as a average Joe, but as a person, you are unique. Psychologically, when you know that you are under surveillance, your behavior changes, unconsciously, for a 'smoother' behavior, more in the movement of the group, like sheep.

The second reason: personally, when I have to deal with people, organization, etc, who put sooo much energy against my will, it is a moral duty for me to contradict and oppose, maybe because Newton or maybe because the personality.

Third reason: you have things to hide. People are hiding truths to themselves, so.... saying they have nothing to hide for others is just nonsense.

Last edited:

Barrotes

Mar 20, 2019
I might not care because I'm average Joe #2, but privacy and personal data protection will still be important issues.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Oh Joe Black, come on. You can't say that.

Maybe you considere yourself as a average Joe, but as a person, you are unique. Psychologically, when you know that you are under surveillance, your behavior changes, unconsciously, for a 'smoother' behavior, more in the movement of the group, like sheep.

The second reason: personally, when I have to deal with people, organization, etc, who put sooo much energy against my will, it is a moral duty for me to contradict and oppose, maybe because Newton or maybe because the personality.

Third reason: you have things to hide. People are hiding truths to themselves, so.... saying they have nothing to hide for others is just nonsense.
All you have wrote are maybe your thoughts about you and only you.Dont make assumptions about people you dont know at all,me for example.As you said,i am unique and you cant say that i am pattern.Even if for you is so hard to believe,i really have nothing to hide.And am i sure that all the data that Microsoft or Kaspersky or NSA or whatever needs from me is already on their database.I am not a threat of any kind,i am not a spy,i am not a criminal...as i said,just an usual guy who uses the internet in the simplest way possible.No dark web,no dark secrets,no skeletons in the closet.So yes,i am worries free.But if you instead should be worry about your privacy...well,you should know better.;)

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
"Even if for you is so hard to believe,i really have nothing to hide."

Of course you do, everyone does, otherwise you would be posting your financials to sexual endeavors online, among other things.

Btw, you don't determine if you are a threat, they do.

And of course laws change and are enforced predominately against the masses, instead of the rich and powerful.

See the Epstein affair, child prostitution in the US.

Laws never have and never will apply equally to all citizens.

Deckard

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2019
All you have wrote are maybe your thoughts about you and only you.Dont make assumptions about people you dont know at all,me for example.As you said,i am unique and you cant say that i am pattern.Even if for you is so hard to believe,i really have nothing to hide.And am i sure that all the data that Microsoft or Kaspersky or NSA or whatever needs from me is already on their database.I am not a threat of any kind,i am not a spy,i am not a criminal...as i said,just an usual guy who uses the internet in the simplest way possible.No dark web,no dark secrets,no skeletons in the closet.So yes,i am worries free.But if you instead should be worry about your privacy...well,you should know better.;)
Part of what I said is in the TED Talk, 'Why privacy matters' by Glenn Greenwald, so no, I don't do projection and no, it's not throughts about me and only me: I am famous but not until this point.:cool:

Google, Facebook etc don't care about dark secrets/activities. This is not what interests them.

There are the good guys and the bad guys. The good guys have nothing to hide and the bad guys have things to hide, of course. Funny, thas is exactly what Glenn Greenwald was saying in his talk. (It's hironic).

We could talk about literature (George Orwell?), about historical facts like the former East Germany and the Stasi or about philosophy, but I will stops there. My goal was not to be unpleasant. My "come on" was friendly even if I don't know you, right.

----

Over the last 16 months, as I've debated this issue around the world, every single time somebody has said to me, "I don't really worry about invasions of privacy because I don't have anything to hide." I always say the same thing to them. I get out a pen, I write down my email address. I say, "Here's my email address. What I want you to do when you get home is email me the passwords to all of your email accounts, not just the nice, respectable work one in your name, but all of them, because I want to be able to just troll through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read and publish whatever I find interesting. After all, if you're not a bad person, if you're doing nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide." Not a single person has taken me up on that offer.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
"Even if for you is so hard to believe,i really have nothing to hide."

Of course you do, everyone does, otherwise you would be posting your financials to sexual endeavors online, among other things.

Btw, you don't determine if you are a threat, they do.

And of course laws change and are enforced predominately against the masses, instead of the rich and powerful.

See the Epstein affair, child prostitution in the US.

Laws never have and never will apply equally to all citizens.
It seems that some persons here (you too) are continuing to forget what is this post about.Of course i would never post online my CC credentials and my pass for my bank...i dont want my little money stolen....But other things....please....when you are opening a page with your regular browser...you re data is already owned.So spare me about your about examples.

Reactions: bribon77

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
"i dont want my little money stolen....But other things....please....when you are opening a page with your regular browser...you re data is already owned.So spare me about your about examples."

You stated you have nothing to hide. Any you proved you have lots to hide, like everyone else. You proved my point.

As for browsers, encryption and of course depends on what browser one is using.

L

Local Host

"i dont want my little money stolen....But other things....please....when you are opening a page with your regular browser...you re data is already owned.So spare me about your about examples."

You stated you have nothing to hide. Any you proved you have lots to hide, like everyone else. You proved my point.

The problem is you guys claiming everyone has skeletons in the closet and bad deeds to hide, when that is entirely false. I sure as hell have nothing bad to hide, but I reserve the right to my privacy.

That's how it goes, it's not "everyone is bad and has skeletons in closet" like you guys claim, that is ridiculous.

If you go to indecent websites and pay for whatever services, is your problem, doesn't mean all of us do it. I sure love being the exception to the rule.

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
No one is a bigger bully and spy than the USA. Not even Putin has been able to compare to the horror and privacy invasions that the US inflicts on its own people and the world. Except that the US has the power to always rationalize its invasions of pirvacy and when it does happen the media is silent. Wait who was talpkng merkel’s phone and other eu leaders?? US or Russia? Who helped set up khadhoggi’s murder? US or Russia? Of course an israeli company helped saudis orchestrate khashoggis murder and the phones of activists ib ottawa, canada but the US and Canada so called protectors of freedom and privacy are fine with that

Kaspersky is one of the best indeed.

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
"The problem is you guys claiming everyone has skeletons in the closet and bad deeds to hide, when that is entirely false. I sure as hell have nothing bad to hide, but I reserve the right to my privacy."

This is erroneous. You don't determine what is a "skeleton" in the closest, but the State does. And what is right/wrong is determined by the State laws, not you.

Example: You could be gay and while that is not a crime now in country x, it can be in the future. This has happened.

Everyone has lots of things to hide, we all know this. People who deny this haven't thought of this thoroughly and/or are lying.

Even the Dear Leader of Democracy around the world has so many things to hide.
Trump, where are his taxes? He was supposed to release them to the public...sexual affairs...

Reactions: dabluez98

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
Exactly. The state wants to ENFORCE its rule - this is NOT done by going after so called dissidents, but just about anyone, because again, the point is to ENFORCE. The state is not after a treasure hunt. Surely in particular cases if you are a dissident of some sort you may be targeted, but that's not the ultimate part of such policies. I remember when I lived in Toronto, Yes you heard right TORONTO Canada, first the municipal government said there are dissents on the street during G20 protests, but then it started arresting anyone - rich or poor - that's the firs time people realized oh #####, what the hell is going on. In fact that's when people rose up cause people would be getting busted by the police downtown for no apparent reason. The goal is to enforce the power of the state, it has nothing to do with your security or privacy.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Part of what I said is in the TED Talk, 'Why privacy matters' by Glenn Greenwald, so no, I don't do projection and no, it's not throughts about me and only me: I am famous but not until this point.:cool:

Google, Facebook etc don't care about dark secrets/activities. This is not what interests them.

There are the good guys and the bad guys. The good guys have nothing to hide and the bad guys have things to hide, of course. Funny, thas is exactly what Glenn Greenwald was saying in his talk. (It's hironic).

We could talk about literature (George Orwell?), about historical facts like the former East Germany and the Stasi or about philosophy, but I will stops there. My goal was not to be unpleasant. My "come on" was friendly even if I don't know you, right.

----

Over the last 16 months, as I've debated this issue around the world, every single time somebody has said to me, "I don't really worry about invasions of privacy because I don't have anything to hide." I always say the same thing to them. I get out a pen, I write down my email address. I say, "Here's my email address. What I want you to do when you get home is email me the passwords to all of your email accounts, not just the nice, respectable work one in your name, but all of them, because I want to be able to just troll through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read and publish whatever I find interesting. After all, if you're not a bad person, if you're doing nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide." Not a single person has taken me up on that offer.

Hey hey hey...you are missing the point again and you are rumbling...Microsoft or Kaspersky or NSA or whatever would never stole my CC credentials...even so,that would mean that we should NEVER EVER shop or pay online for the fear of everything....yep,you are paranoid and you should plug off the internet cable from your computers...and stop spreading this nonsense versus the other users....

L

Local Host

"The problem is you guys claiming everyone has skeletons in the closet and bad deeds to hide, when that is entirely false. I sure as hell have nothing bad to hide, but I reserve the right to my privacy."

This is erroneous. You don't determine what is a "skeleton" in the closest, but the State does. And what is right/wrong is determined by the State laws, not you.

Example: You could be gay and while that is not a crime now in country x, it can be in the future. This has happened.

Everyone has lots of things to hide, we all know this. People who deny this haven't thought of this thoroughly and/or are lying.

Even the Dear Leader of Democracy around the world has so many things to hide.
Trump, where are his taxes? He was supposed to release them to the public...sexual affairs...
I would have to live in the USA for that to apply, there are no state laws here.

Plus you still missing the point, and claiming each and everyone one of us break the law, and should hide our crimes.

Again, I have nothing to hide, doesn't matter if you believe that or not, nor I care.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.