The story behind the design of Trend Micro's Interface Overhaul.

Discussion in 'Trend Micro' started by Slyguy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 22

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    I remember this article from 2015 and found it amazing. This guy was contracted to re-design Trend Micro, which many people remember was pretty ugly at the time. Homan Yuen designed it and his presentation of it was here;

Behance

Sadly, the 'details' links are no longer valid and contained some really nice information on how he came up with it and his goals for each menu.

I'm a big fan of Trend Micro. (Emsisoft as well) But since I run Bit Defender through untangle in transparent mode behind my Fortigate I choose a different AV engine for my endpoints and that AV has always been Trend Micro. It's good stuff in my opinion.

Enjoy the article!

McLovin, Sunshine-boy and frogboy like this.
  2. McLovin

McLovin Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 17, 2011
    I stream ✌
    Queensland, Australia
    Windows 10
    Trend Micro
    I do agree that back in the day Trend's interface was dull and outdated compared to the new antivirus at the time.

Even version 12 Beta has a few subtle changes when it comes to it's interface. (See Attached)

Version - 11
    Screenshot_4.png

Version - 12
    Screenshot_3.png

Slyguy likes this.
  3. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 22

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Thank you for posting this. I heard the beta had some cosmetic changes and wondered what those were.

McLovin likes this.
  4. mekelek

mekelek Level 21

Feb 24, 2017
    Hungary
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    not the worst UI tbh, kinda fresh and different.

McLovin likes this.