The story behind the design of Trend Micro's Interface Overhaul.

Slyguy

Level 32
OS
Other OS
I remember this article from 2015 and found it amazing. This guy was contracted to re-design Trend Micro, which many people remember was pretty ugly at the time. Homan Yuen designed it and his presentation of it was here;

Behance

Sadly, the 'details' links are no longer valid and contained some really nice information on how he came up with it and his goals for each menu.

I'm a big fan of Trend Micro. (Emsisoft as well) But since I run Bit Defender through untangle in transparent mode behind my Fortigate I choose a different AV engine for my endpoints and that AV has always been Trend Micro. It's good stuff in my opinion.

Enjoy the article!

McLovin

Level 72
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Trend Micro
I do agree that back in the day Trend's interface was dull and outdated compared to the new antivirus at the time.

Even version 12 Beta has a few subtle changes when it comes to it's interface. (See Attached)

Version - 11
Screenshot_4.png

Version - 12
Screenshot_3.png

Slyguy

Level 32
OS
Other OS
I do agree that back in the day Trend's interface was dull and outdated compared to the new antivirus at the time.

Even version 12 Beta has a few subtle changes when it comes to it's interface. (See Attached)

Version - 11
View attachment 147928

Version - 12
View attachment 147929
Thank you for posting this. I heard the beta had some cosmetic changes and wondered what those were.

mekelek

Level 28
MH Trial
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky