The Windows 10 Mobile Superphone Will Cost as Much as an iPhone 6s Plus

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
the-windows-10-mobile-superphone-will-cost-as-much-as-an-iphone-6s-plus-506119-2.jpg

HP is working on one of the most exciting Windows 10 Mobile devices, often referred to as the Windows 10 Mobile superphone, and according to a new report, the launch could take place in September.

The Italians at Plaffo write that HP has revealed the local release date of the HP Elite X3 at a recent event, but they also add that the debut of the new device could take place on different dates across Europe and the United States, so depending on your country of residence, you could get it either sooner or later.

Furthermore, the same sources claim that the phone could launch in Europe with a price tag of €699 (that’s approximately $775 at today’s currency rates), which means that it’ll cost nearly as much as an iPhone 6s Plus if the price conversion is maintained for the US market.

Right now, the entry-level iPhone 6s Plus with 16GB of storage space can be purchased in the United States for $749, unlocked and SIM-free.

Hardware specifications of the superphone
The HP Elite X3 will run Windows 10 Mobile and will come with a 5.96-inch display with a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels and with Gorilla Glass 4 for extra protection. It’ll be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processor and feature 4GB of RAM, thus becoming one of the most powerful phones currently on the market.

Additionally, it’ll boast 64GB of storage space and microSD card support for extra space, as well as a USB Type-C port for charging and an iris scanner with Windows Hello support. The 4,150 mAh battery will easily get you through the day while the 16-megapixel camera, coupled with an 8-megapixel front-facing unit, promises super quality in all light conditions.

Without a doubt, this is going to be one of the most powerful Windows 10 Mobile devices to date, and together with the Surface Phone, which is expected to launch sometime next year, it could make Microsoft’s new mobile operating system a lot more appealing to customers around the world.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Just another nail in Windows Phone's coffin...
I really doubt that there are people crazy enough to pay almost $800 for a smartphone with nearly dead OS.

N

Noxx

I still have the original iPhone and it does everything I need it to do. I mean really, anyone here, why pays that kind of money for a cell phone? :rolleyes:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I like the features from HP however it is already considered 'Over Price'.

a) Windows 10 Mobile OS suffered a big loss on market shares, so the solution must have cheap price on the smartphones to gain minimal increase of percentage from shares.

b) 16 Megapixels of Camera, decent storage memory and usage of capacity of RAM are already common especially in budget phones.

So for me, the price is goes to 200-220 USD.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
With that price, I'd rather buy a brand new laptop or desktop. Low to middle budget computers can do much more than an overpriced smartphone. :D

But of course, I admire the specs, just not the price. If it's sold cheaply, I would maybe buy it. :D

Reactions: Logethica

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I've never seen the logic of spending a fortune on the latest Phone/PC/Watch ..I have always thought that doing so was an emotion-based decision..
..If somebody has too much money and seeks the short-lived gratification felt by making large financial purchases then fine..
Personally I use an old Nokia Phone because it is fine for making telephone calls/sending texts..
I do have an old Android Phone too but I use that mainly as a Radio,as my research suggested that achieving a reasonable level of Smart-Phone Security was going to prove to be an impossibility.

Reactions: XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.