App Review TheIgster - Nod32 vs Avast Free vs Avira Free

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest28

Here is the avast review. It's 2 different videos. thank you very much Dieselman for sharing this.

Wow!!!!!!!!! Avast! kicked butt big time and i'm surprised in Eset!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
NOD32 use to be good. I used it many years ago. This is the second video of his where Avast kicks butt. Makes me feel better.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you experienced the AutoSandbox yet?

PS: The FP with SumatraPDF seems to be fixed.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Yes I have. I went to MDL myself and got an alert from the sandbox. These guys videos also show the sandbox working.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Not surprised Avast did very well but makes one wonder why Nod never even showed at all. I sure would have enjoyed seeing Kaspersky and Norton in the mix.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just a bit surprised to Nod 32 when it didn't popup to block those samples.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
He should have tested if NOD actually works with eicar test for example. Other than that, nice videos!

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Fresh install. Fresh image of Windows 7.Not his problem if NOD32 was not working properly.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Congrats to Avast but still doesn't shows anything. Probably most users won't access those links in their lifetime.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
@Dieselman: But what is the point of testing something if it doesn't work? I'm just saying..I left the same comment on his youtube page. I agree that NO32 failed - but now I'm wondering if it has bad detection rate or it just didn't work in his case.

Anyway, I agree with the message he-s trying to put out there: A payed AV isn't necessarily better than a free one.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
bogdan...........If NOD32 had a bad install or was not working properly then its not his fault. No matter what color you paint it..............NOD32 failed.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I wonder why he didn't try to get a new one (that would be the installer)

here is a video when ESET is working

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.