TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I feel pretty safe on my Windows 10 Operative system.. Each file I download is scanned with virus total before executing, and tested in a Virtual machine if I have some suspects.. I don't have any important data on my PC so I don't need any backup software.. All school data is stored in my USB pendrive and I have a second copy of it. I run regular scans with my second opinion scanners (never found anything). Home PC is now secured by VoodooShield since it's shared

Last edited:
N

Noxx

No shame in using WD. Consider an anti-executable, though. Plenty to choose from: NVT EXE Radar Pro, APPGUARD, RE-HIPS, Voodooshield, etc (2 of 4 have free versions). Thanks for sharing. ;)

Edit: Since you use a VM and delve into the MH, I suspect you know what to open and not to open, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm an amateur giving advice to an expert. =p

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Simple and of course don't forget to turn off autoplay when inserting flashdrives. ;)

Second you may try to have USB Fix from Bitdefender for possible LNK autorun attacks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you mean exactly? I remember my passwords
If you remember your passwords, re-check your accounts that they are not similar or used multiple times.

Two-Factor Authentication is an app to verify you are the authorised user to any of your own accounts. A password is something you know, and 2FA is something you own (ie. smartphone).

It can prevent hackers from infiltrating your account if your passwords has been leaked, guessed or attacked.

You can enable 2FA for your malwaretips.com account here: Secure your MalwareTips Account! Enable Two-Step Verification

Check for 2FA-supported sites/services: Two Factor Auth List

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Added: VoodooShield on home pc. Reason: this pc is shared and I can no longer trust my family to stay only with defender. Today, a worm gamarue was executed in that machine (fake DHL email). Windows defender seems to have done a good job since file are safe.. But I need to better secure that computer, so I decided to add VoodooShield Free on autopilot. I ran some second opinion scanners and found something in appdata local (hitman pro). Malwarebytes didn't find anything after removing those files. Even if those files weren't active, I decided to make a clean install of Windows 10

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.