ThirtySeven4 Security Suite /AV: A Real America Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
so you use something you hate? :p
yes almighty umbra,I am unable to digest the fact ,for example,if i do not have resources to build a car why should i launch a car company and assemble car by purchasing parts form other companies and top of all this should i claim that my car is better than those original manufacturers.
emsisoft is one of the best product i would like to see them using their own engine.

D

Deleted member 178

yes almighty umbra,I am unable to digest the fact ,for example,if i do not have resources to build a car why should i launch a car company and assemble car by purchasing parts form other companies and top of all this should i claim that my car is better than those original manufacturers.
So you won't like Apple and its Iphone using Samsung chips and then suing them for design copy , hilarious ^^

Emsisoft is one of the best product i would like to see them using their own engine.
They have 2 engines, one is homemade, the other is from BD because efficient and cheap (before it was Ikarus, more efficient but more FPs).

Reactions: roger_m and ispx

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
So you won't like Apple and its Iphone using Samsung chips and then suing them for design copy , hilarious ^^

They have 2 engines, one is homemade, the other is from BD because efficient and cheap (before it was Ikarus, more efficient but more FPs).
i will not like HP using dell motherboard
for second point let me repeat myself my job has nothing to do with IT or cyber security so i may be wrong but hiring for short term is economical only

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
D

Deleted member 178

Using a "borrowed" engine is a better solution, for example, BD is affordable, efficient , cheap and you don't need to maintain servers and create signatures which would cost more; and this is crucial to small vendors with limited resources/funds.

I can understand why many vendors use this practice. all the benefits without the cons.

And even if a problem occurs, you can say "not our fault, it is the engine creator" :p

@Lockdown one more question ,why most of them are after bitdefender.

I suspect Bitdefender offers the best overall licensed signature package - reasonable licensing fees, good signatures with low false positives, decent logistics & licensing terms, ease of integration into products, etc.

Or it could just be that it is the most popular\well known\widely used.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
@Lockdown one more question ,why most of them are after bitdefender.

Whether you are an existing security vendor, hardware manufacturer, software provider, or cloud-based solution company, Bitdefender has an antimalware licensing model that is right for you. You can easily integrate Bitdefender antimalware technology into your product or service and offer it to your customers. If you want to implement your own antimalware solution, Bitdefender has rebranded or private label solutions for PCs, Macs, and Androids. You can bundle the Bitdefender antivirus solution with your product and watch your revenue grow.

source : Bitdefender OEM Partners - OEM Antivirus Licensing

another reason i am guessing & i could be wrong, is because the big guys like mcafee, kaspersky, symantec, trend micro do not lease their engines.

Reactions: roger_m

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
@Lockdown and @ispx thanks for replying .but why bitdefender is losing its market share by doing so i mean if it does not lease its engine like the big guys it can eliminate the competition from the companies using its engine.
and if it is so much profitable why the big guys like mcafee, kaspersky, symantec, trend micro do not want to make profit.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

@Lockdown and @ispx thanks for replying .but why bitdefender is losing its market share by doing so i mean if it does not lease its engine like the big guys it can eliminate the competition from the companies using its engine.
and if it is so much profitable why the big guys like mcafee, kaspersky, symantec, trend micro do not want to make profit.

You'd have to ask someone who has a working knowledge of the signature business. I'm sure you noticed in my previous replies that I stated "I suspect that..." as I am not fully versed on how the signature leasing model works and the economics of it all.

I'm fairly confident that they are all making a profit - unless I have missed reports that AV XYZ is losing money and on the way out.

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
QH is not a product I would recommend as I have had bitter experiences with it years back.
Also removing the installation was impossible and I had to reinstall windows as I had not backed up my pc those days.

Reactions: ispx
D

Deleted member 178

All AV vendors lose a bit of market shares because Windows Defender. simple as that.

Reactions: roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.