Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Me, too, frogboy! Or dirt... more precious than gold, I think
They'll probably outlaw the possession of cash... and dirt... and probably water and air... anything and everything, so you'd have no choice but to accept digital credits. Plus make it illegal to purchase anything with anything but digital currency.

Bastard central bankers and politicians. :D

tallorder

They'll probably outlaw the possession of cash... and dirt... and probably water and air... anything and everything, so you'd have no choice but to accept digital credits. Plus make it illegal to purchase anything with anything but digital currency.

Bastard central bankers and politicians. :D
I'll barter then with... rocks or fish or sticks or... 5 oz. dirt for 3 eggs... etc... Has been done for centuries before 'currencies' were in the popular mode of use.:D

NeoBB

As someone who lives in Denmark. I can say with great conviction, that i don't care. The danish government wants to change a law that requires all stores to accept cash, because almost no one uses cash while shopping.

H

hjlbx

If this becomes mainstream trend, I see barter and trade in goods coming back.
Average person still wants something tangible to fall back on... probably 3/4 or more of all people here in the US still use cash to some degree. Plus, I know quite a few people who absolutely refuse to use a bank issued "debit card" = on an everyday basis they use only cash.

The argument for or against is debatable as when one write's a check that is essentially a 99% all-digital transaction nowadays.

Still, I want cash money.

If it ever returned to bartering I would start a still somewhere in the woods and make moonshine... that's always easy to barter with. :D

tallorder

Average person still wants something tangible to fall back on... probably 3/4 or more of all people here in the US still use cash to some degree. Plus, I know quite a few people who absolutely refuse to use a bank issued "debit card" = on an everyday basis they use only cash.

The argument for or against is debatable as when one write's a check that is essentially a 99% all-digital transaction nowadays.

Still, I want cash money.

If it ever returned to bartering I would start a still somewhere in the woods and make moonshine... that's always easy to barter with. :D
Moonshine sounds better than dirt...!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.