This could be the first country to go cashless

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Me, too, frogboy! Or dirt... more precious than gold, I think

They'll probably outlaw the possession of cash... and dirt... and probably water and air... anything and everything, so you'd have no choice but to accept digital credits. Plus make it illegal to purchase anything with anything but digital currency.

Bastard central bankers and politicians. :D

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
They'll probably outlaw the possession of cash... and dirt... and probably water and air... anything and everything, so you'd have no choice but to accept digital credits. Plus make it illegal to purchase anything with anything but digital currency.

Bastard central bankers and politicians. :D
I'll barter then with... rocks or fish or sticks or... 5 oz. dirt for 3 eggs... etc... Has been done for centuries before 'currencies' were in the popular mode of use.:D

Reactions: frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would have thought it be Greece. Deploy bitcoin miners on every electronic device for the next decade to help pay of their debt.

NeoBB

May 8, 2015
As someone who lives in Denmark. I can say with great conviction, that i don't care. The danish government wants to change a law that requires all stores to accept cash, because almost no one uses cash while shopping.

H

hjlbx

If this becomes mainstream trend, I see barter and trade in goods coming back.

Average person still wants something tangible to fall back on... probably 3/4 or more of all people here in the US still use cash to some degree. Plus, I know quite a few people who absolutely refuse to use a bank issued "debit card" = on an everyday basis they use only cash.

The argument for or against is debatable as when one write's a check that is essentially a 99% all-digital transaction nowadays.

Still, I want cash money.

If it ever returned to bartering I would start a still somewhere in the woods and make moonshine... that's always easy to barter with. :D

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Average person still wants something tangible to fall back on... probably 3/4 or more of all people here in the US still use cash to some degree. Plus, I know quite a few people who absolutely refuse to use a bank issued "debit card" = on an everyday basis they use only cash.

The argument for or against is debatable as when one write's a check that is essentially a 99% all-digital transaction nowadays.

Still, I want cash money.

If it ever returned to bartering I would start a still somewhere in the woods and make moonshine... that's always easy to barter with. :D
Moonshine sounds better than dirt...!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.