This gaming mouse has a built-in fan to cool sweaty palms

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

I’ll just come right out and say that I don’t really think I’ve ever had a problem with sweaty palms in the 25 years or so that I’ve been regularly using a mouse. But my weather app is telling me it feels like 100°F in Tokyo today, and I am not looking forward to my electricity bill this month, so if I can shift even one percent of the cooling burden from my air conditioner to my PC’s USB port, why not?

That’s where Mindshunter’s Zephyr Gaming Mouse comes in. It is, as far as I’m aware, the first ever gaming mouse with a built-in fan to cool your hand. It’s available (and fully funded) for pre-order on Kickstarter now with prices starting at $89 and an estimated shipping date of October.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
For about 10 USD, you can get a clip-on fan and aim it toward your mouse mat. I just tried it.

Honestly, I'd rather support an innovation for designing a keyboard that allows for safe and convenient removal of the bottom panel so you can dump all the crumbs and :poop: that accumulate in there over time. My can of compressed air can only do so much, right?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.