Thousands of Muslims torch Christian homes, churches in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Hard to be accepting of all religions when some don't accept others. Especially when it is just about person dating another.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/thousands_of_muslims_torch_chr.html said:
Thousands of Muslims torch Christian homes, churches in Egypt

According to the Assyrian International News Agency, several thousand Muslims have attacked Christian houses and places of worship in a town 30 miles from Cairo. The fate of the clerics who worked at the church is unknown - they may have been detained as hostages or burned to death in the fire.

The violence was the result of a Christian dating a Muslim woman:

Witnesses report the mob prevented the fire brigade from entering the village. The army, which has been stationed for the last two days in the village of Bromil, 7 kilometers from Soul, initially refused to go into Soul, according to the officer in charge. When the army finally sent three tanks to the village, Muslim elders sent them away, saying that everything was "in order now."

A curfew has been imposed on the 12,000 Christians in the village.
This incident was triggered by a relationship between 40-year-old Copt Ashraf Iskander and a Muslim woman. Yesterday a "reconciliation" meeting was arranged between the relevant Coptic and Muslim families and together with the Muslim elders it was decided that Ashraf Iskander would have to leave the village because Muslims torched his house.

The father of the Muslim woman was killed by his cousin because he did not kill his daughter to preserve the family's honor, which led the woman's brother to avenge the death of his father by killing the cousin. The village Muslims blamed the Christians.

The Muslim mob attacked the church, exploding 5-6 gas cylinders inside the church, pulled down the cross and the domes and burnt everything inside. Activist Ramy Kamel of Katibatibia Coptic advocacy called US-based Coptic Hope Sat TV and sent an SOS on behalf of the Copts in Soul village, as they are presently being attacked by the mob. He also said that no one is able to contact the priest and the deacons inside the burning church and there is no answer from their mobile phones.

This is just the latest in a series of attacks on the Copts in Egypt that seem to have increased in intensity since the revolt last month.

This, my friends, is a religion that is growing in the U.S. No wonder Australia looks so good.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
This is about religions being used to manipulate the masses. It happen more then once throughout history and not only with a single religion. Don't let them brainwash you!

IRISHMAN

Feb 25, 2011
Ahh , i wont comment too much other than too say , peaceful religion my arse. Fanatics who spread out and try and take over implementing there ways into other cultures and trying to take over, crying discrimination at every opportunity. Could you imagine the outcry if we in the uk said, hell we are a christian nation, burn all muslims. What sort of religion encourages honour killings?
Probably said too much already,

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
IRISHMAN said:
Ahh , i wont comment too much other than too say , peaceful religion my arse. Fanatics who spread out and try and take over implementing there ways into other cultures and trying to take over, crying discrimination at every opportunity. Could you imagine the outcry if we in the uk said, hell we are a christian nation, burn all muslims. What sort of religion encourages honour killings?
Probably said too much already,

I agree with you.

BTW, Christians are often being put down in the US (probably the UK too). Not exactly physically persecuted, but looked down on a bit. Probably because it teaches there is only one way to be saved.

So many fools decide to embrace all religions. It is nice to be accepting, but like many things in life, you need a balance. You can't just accept a religion that will most likely give you two choices later on: Convert or die.

Plus they are outbreeding us. :bigboulay:

Bigger supply of suicide bombers!

IRISHMAN

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah i agree, Laserwraith, its reaching the stage where something is going to have to be done, the uk is a christian nation and there are nearly whole cities that are muslim ghettos. They often wont learn the language or even try and integrate with the uk culture.
All they do is complain , until they get everything there own way. And its not like they arent harming anybody because they are. Mayby they need to be told no room at the inn, because there is only so much you can take. Can you imagine going to an arab country and behaving the same way, sure your head would end up on a stick,
Fanatical religion tied into violence they get mixed up.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Even though I despise all religions, Islam is by far the worse (there is a reason why we are now confronting MUSLIM terrorist across the globe). People need to stop tiptoeing around religious people and start holding them to account for their ridiculous ideas. As soon as someone plays the faith card people are seen to have to respect that and take it just as a matter of belief, regardless of rational thought and evidence. Faith should really not be seen as a virtue.

Irishman I totally agree about Muslims not trying to integrate into British society (Halal meat is just one example), It mates me sick and I don't know why we put up with it. It's moderate Muslims that give shelter to the crackpot suicide bombing Jihadist. When people say Islam is a religion of peace they could not be more wrong. The whole doctrine of Islam is of world domination and fighting in the name of Muhammed. Also people can't just say its fundamentalist fringe groups (which shows how screwed up the fundamentals Islam are) because pew polls have showed otherwise. For example in Lebannon 82% believed suicide bombing civilians in the defence of Islam is justifiable. Even if every Muslim country got the same results as Turkey (20% justifiable) then we would still have a problem on a massive scale, meaning roughly 200 million people would believe suicide bombing civilians target was OK. And lets not forget countries like Iraq and Iran were not included in the poll.

LaserWraith news report is a great example of the barbarity based entirely on faith of normal Muslim people over such trivial matters.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
bogdan said:
You guys forget about the crusades.

It was bad in the old days. However, the only thing history is good for is to learn from it to not repeat the bad parts.

I see that people can get carried away in religion. I don't think the Jesus intended for Christians to march around attacking infidels. They could have noticed back then the habits of Muslims and decided they were a threat...but killing people doesn't help them get to heaven, does it?

But many articles I have read show that a part of the Muslims' religion is to convert everyone or kill them. Just like there are different types of Christians (the kill-everyone-else group is a very small minority right now, in Christianity), I bet there are different types of Muslims. For example, those who "convert" so they won't be killed.

But the difference is that since killing is a large part of Islam. The article in the OP is just one instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.