Thunderbird 78.x Major Update is now available for download

Stopspying

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
"The popular open-source email client, Mozilla Thunderbird’s major version 78.0 now available for download with new features and improvements.
For a year, Thunderbird is on version 68.0. Thunderbird 78 available today on July 15, 2020, is not just a version bump, but a massive upgrade if you look at the OpenPGP Support and other stuff it is bringing to the table...."

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Not so fast!:
MZLA Technologies Corporation has uploaded Thunderbird 78.0 to the distribution server; this means that the new major version of the email client will be released soon.

;)

Stopspying

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Not so fast!:

;)
From the article I linked to:

"The Thunderbird new version isn’t officially released, but it is still available for download for Windows, Mac, and Linux from FTP server and third-party mirror sites."

Stopspying

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Nice upgrade, must be almost final, works perfectly, like the new look, I tried a previous beta but was a little to beta to use with my mail at that point.
That is good to know, thanks, I haven't had time to play with it yet. I also had a look at an earlier beta and didn't want to rely on it fully for my email either then.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Only those that did not move/were adapted to the new add-on system...

1594968756042.png

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Usable with 68 but enforced with 78.
My addons are not ready for 78. :(
How long can I keep using 68? Is there a security penalty to staying with 68, or just a lack of new features?

If anyone wants to try out 78, be forewarned that it makes changes to your user profile, and it tells you to make a new profile if you try to reinstall 68. Backup your profile before trying 78.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.