Thunderbird 78.x Major Update is now available for download

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
If you stay with 78 or later, you will have no issue. If you go back to 68, you might need to make a new user profile. Or copy and paste your 68 user profile from the system image that you wisely made before upgrading to 78 :)
Somewhere along the way I lost my profile and all my emails. I didn't realize it until yesterday when it upgraded. I will have to try to dig to find my original. :(

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Somewhere along the way I lost my profile and all my emails. I didn't realize it until yesterday when it upgraded. I will have to try to dig to find my original. :(
If you have a backup of your system, you can find the folders containing your emails in there. Try copying into the right place in your new profile.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Thunderbird 78.3.2 first offered to channel users on October 7, 2020

CHANGED​

Thunderbird will no longer automatically install updates when Preferences tab is opened

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.