Tim Cook expects iPhone SE to attract Android users, ‘it’s faster than the fastest Android phones’

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Apple officially released the new iPhone SE earlier this month, and Tim Cook says the company is seeing a positive response from reviewers and customers alike. Cook touted that the iPhone SE packs a great value and is “faster than the fastest Android phones.”

Cook’s comments came in response to a question about how well the new iPhone SE might sell in specific geographic areas. Cook said that while it could “even better” in areas with lower median incomes, he expects it to attract a “fair number” of Android switchers as well.

The benefit of the iPhone SE, Cook explained, is that it packs the “engine” of the iPhone 11 inside a smaller and more affordable form factor:
“It plays in every geo, but I would expect to see it doing even better where the median incomes are less. I’d expect some fair number of people switching over to iOS. It’s an unbelievable offer. It’s the engine of our top phones, in a very affordable package, and it’s faster than the fastest Android phones. It’s an exceptional value.”

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Meh. It gives like 4-4.5 hrs SOT (my $160 gives me 9-10hrs of SOT daily with included 20W charger), includes a 5W charger (in 2020 lol) for that small battery. Battery drain while gaming is just ridiculous. Small low res screen. What was even the point of putting A13 chip in there? Camera is the only saving grace but it doesn't have the night mode (still better than most high ends phones though).

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Meh. It gives like 4-4.5 hrs SOT (my $160 gives me 9-10hrs of SOT daily with included 20W charger), includes a 5W charger (in 2020 lol) for that small battery. Battery drain while gaming is just ridiculous. Small low res screen. What was even the point of putting A13 chip in there? Camera is the only saving grace but it doesn't have the night mode (still better than most high ends phones though).

What games? puzzle games? the iPhone SE is simple and fast. business, social media, texting, etc. thats not for heave gaming nor photography, will you say why camera? how could the ppl take a pic as important note or something without camera? i think Night mode is not needed. if you are looking for gaming like PUBG, Fornite , etc and great camera? go with iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max or the new Galaxy or something like this, and A13 chip? i think its good because you can upgrade new iPhone for 3-4 years which no waste money that would be good for people who use simple phone

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
iphone is good, but honestly an iphone with the only new thing is its chip, but its screen is of old technology and equal resolution, camera with a single sensor removing versatility, when the only thing you are paying for is an operating system and a chip that sincerely You will not notice it because most people spend only the phone to send messages and watch videos, and that mobile for me is a joke.

1588372246033.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Market talk from Tim and fully understandable why.

In the European and Asian market I suspect the SE model will have a rough time, simply because the high amount of other vendors/companies models with more then competitive hardware even in the lower price range. It's still a correct decision as of course it will sell, but will it actually help keep the share holders happy enough.

Two more articles I found interesting.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
When he says it's faster than the fastest android mobile (without being more clear) I expect it to beat every android mobile even the dedicated gaming models :D Bold statements without prove just sound cheap. Just kidding it's the usual marketing speech from a company trying to sell. .
In my country it would be about 530 $. I wouldn't really call that cheap (at least not in android prices).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.