Q&A Time machine that could protect all partitions? Is there such a software?

Discussion in 'Rollback and Virtualisation' started by Prayag, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Prayag

Prayag Level 4

Mar 27, 2017
    India
    Windows 7
    Avast
    Hey,i like rollback rx home edition but today i have suffered something weird.
    I have a folder in which i have the setup files of all my softwares(i use many types of softwares).
    After playing with timefreeze,my system got hanged and a windows that says windows encountered an error and we'll reboot after completing the process appeared.
    After even 100%,the system never rebooted or shut down so i had to manually shut down the system.
    And after rebooting,my apps folders which is in partition d has nothing but only 2 files left.
    I have rollbacked my system but that was no good as d drive was not protected.
    Finally,i have to restore my files with the help from piriform's recuva.
    So,do u know of any such free product which could protect all my partitions?
    Thanks.

BryanB likes this.
  2. mekelek

mekelek Level 21

Feb 24, 2017
    Hungary
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    free? not really, but if you have $35 to spare, buy Shadow Defender, imo the most stable of all, never had a problem with it.

3. Prayag

Prayag Level 4

Mar 27, 2017
    India
    Windows 7
    Avast
  4. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    You could try toolwiz timefreeze which is a free variant of shadowdefender. But it is not as good. toolwiz

frogboy, Parsh and ravi prakash saini like this.
  5. Prayag

Prayag Level 4

Mar 27, 2017
    India
    Windows 7
    Avast
    yeah,i know.
    Now i am using reboot restore rx free edition,which is like shadow defender to me.
    I have selected all the partitions in it and whenever i want to test out something,i will enable it.
    Cool,right.

Parsh, mekelek and Trickster like this.
  6. JHomes

JHomes Level 6

Jul 7, 2016
    IT
    Dallas
    Windows 10
    AVG
    RollBack Rx Pro is likely what you want. The Home Edition is OK for free, but it's extremely limited in it's feature set. Even the 7 snapshots is infuriating, I don't know how anyone could do it...

Even though it's not free, Horizon usually holds an Independence Day (July 4th) sale. Last year if I recall it was 50% off or $35 USD. Not free but better than paying full price!

Horizon has a 14 day trial on their website, so why not download the trial, see if you like it. If you do there's the (likely) sale that you can purchase a full license from :)