Time machine that could protect all partitions? Is there such a software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Hey,i like rollback rx home edition but today i have suffered something weird.
I have a folder in which i have the setup files of all my softwares(i use many types of softwares).
After playing with timefreeze,my system got hanged and a windows that says windows encountered an error and we'll reboot after completing the process appeared.
After even 100%,the system never rebooted or shut down so i had to manually shut down the system.
And after rebooting,my apps folders which is in partition d has nothing but only 2 files left.
I have rollbacked my system but that was no good as d drive was not protected.
Finally,i have to restore my files with the help from piriform's recuva.
So,do u know of any such free product which could protect all my partitions?
Thanks.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
You could try toolwiz timefreeze which is a free variant of shadowdefender. But it is not as good. toolwiz
yeah,i know.
Now i am using reboot restore rx free edition,which is like shadow defender to me.
I have selected all the partitions in it and whenever i want to test out something,i will enable it.
Cool,right.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
RollBack Rx Pro is likely what you want. The Home Edition is OK for free, but it's extremely limited in it's feature set. Even the 7 snapshots is infuriating, I don't know how anyone could do it...

Even though it's not free, Horizon usually holds an Independence Day (July 4th) sale. Last year if I recall it was 50% off or $35 USD. Not free but better than paying full price!

Horizon has a 14 day trial on their website, so why not download the trial, see if you like it. If you do there's the (likely) sale that you can purchase a full license from :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.