TinyWall 2.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabZero

Thread author
TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.

What makes TinyWall special?

TinyWall includes a combination of features that sets it apart from both commercial and freeware firewalls.
  • TinyWall does not annoy you with popups at all, yet it is still extremely easy to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
  • TinyWall actively blocks hundreds of trojans, viruses and worms.
  • TinyWall does not require you to know about ports, protocols and application details.
  • TinyWall makes use of network zones, allowing you to specify different behaviour when you're at home, at work or in the public.
  • TinyWall prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of Windows Firewall.
  • TinyWall uses Windows' own firewall for filtering and does not install drivers or other kernel components.
Additional features:
  • Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
  • Automatic learning mode
  • Firewall tampering protection
  • Password lockdown of settings
  • Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all and Learning mode
  • Support for temporary/timed firewall rules
  • Port and domain blocklists
  • Hosts file protection
  • Option to always allow communication within LAN
  • Option to restrict an application to the LAN
  • Recognition of safe software and impostors
  • Full IPv6 support
  • List established and blocked connections
  • View open ports on your machine
  • 100% free and clean software. No fees, no ads, no paid upgrades.
Changes in TinyWall 2.1.7:
  • Fix: GUI freezes if Application Finder is closed while scan is running
  • Added DPI-awareness (fixes blurry GUI in desktop scaling)
  • Add Polish and Turkish localizations
  • Updates to Spanish, French, and Brazilian Portuguese translations
  • Application database updates
Please note: TinyWall requires Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.

Download: TinyWall 2.1.7 | 1.1 MB (Freeware)
View: TinyWall Homepage

SOURCE

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
guys, i am trying to set tinywall..i am not an expert (never used these things before) but seems easier than other personal firewall.

it has a learning mode..so you can open your programs you use the most and it recognise them as exception. so when you turn on protections again,you can use them (when you install tw most of traffic is blocked). i was able to allow some apps from windows store (the tiles) like fb twitter dropbox..but again (like other firewall i tested) not MAIL (the app preinstalled in w10). and i am frustrated.

could some one tell me how can i allow it? furthermore it seems allowed already.

i'd really appreciate if you could provide help.

thank you

Attachments

• mail.png
    mail.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
guys, i am trying to set tinywall..i am not an expert (never used these things before) but seems easier than other personal firewall.

it has a learning mode..so you can open your program you use the most and it recognise them as exception. so when you turn on protections again,you can use what them (when you install tw most of traffic is blocked). i was able to allow some apps from windows store (the tiles) like fb twitter dropbox..but again (like other firewall i tested) not MAIL (the app preinstalled in w10). and i am frustrated.

could some one tell me how can i allow it? furthermore it seems allowed already.

thank you

HxMail = Windows Mail App; it is Allowed in your TW rules.

Double-click on HxMail in the Exceptions list to reveal rules; make sure it is not blocked.

Are you using a Microsoft Account ?

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
HxMail = Windows Mail App; it is Allowed in your TW rules.

Double-click on HxMail in the Exceptions list to reveal rules; make sure it is not blocked.

Are you using a Microsoft Account ?

mh not sure what you mean: I am log in my surface with a microsoft account yes..and so log in in windows yes..so yes i suppose..a standard account (for security)
yes i logged in with my MS account

edit: yes it seems allowed but doesn't work

H

hjlbx

Thread author
mh not sure what you mean: I am log in my surface with a microsoft account yes..and so log in in windows yes..so yes i suppose..a standard account (for security)
yes i logged in with my MS account

edit: yes it seems allowed but doesn't work

Can you post screenshot of rules pane after double-clicking on HxMail.exe in Ecceziones Applicaziones ?

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

it has a learning mode..so you can open your programs you use the most and it recognise them as exception. so when you turn on protections again,you can use them (when you install tw most of traffic is blocked). i was able to allow some apps from windows store (the tiles) like fb twitter dropbox..but again (like other firewall i tested) not MAIL (the app preinstalled in w10). and i am frustrated.

thank you

Change mode to Autolearn, then run the program, after a few minute set it back to normal protection. That usually solved the problem, but before that be sure there are no malware in your system.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
hi. happy Easter and thank you both for your assistance

Can you post screenshot of rules pane after double-clicking on HxMail.exe in Ecceziones Applicaziones ?

i forgot one thing: i logged in windows but in the app mail i registered my google account and icloud account
i'll do it soon anyway

Change mode to Autolearn, then run the program, after a few minute set it back to normal protection. That usually solved the problem, but before that be sure there are no malware in your system.

already did it three times. anyway before trust tinywall(since i am not expert) i am doing all these things with toolwiz on. and sandboxie

in your opinion, what's best? autolearn and then black all (it would save the exception??) or autolearn and then norma protection?

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
i have another question sorry: tinywall doens't replace windows firewall right?
it only lets you add rules to w firewall like windows firewall controll by binisoft right?

i was wondering this because i noticed that ublock origin is blocking more things. and i don't know if it is due to less firewall protection (i switched to normal now)

H

hjlbx

Thread author
i have another question sorry: tinywall doens't replace windows firewall right?
it only lets you add rules to w firewall like windows firewall controll by binisoft right?

i was wondering this because i noticed that ublock origin is blocking more things. and i don't know if it is due to less firewall protection (i switched to normal now)

No. TinyWall doesn't replace Windows Firewall. It is just GUI for firewall rules. Same as WFC.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hmmm... it is Allowed by rule.

I don't know why Windows Mail is not working.

Could be bug, you know - since new release.

Did you try uninstall\reinstall ?

since i was running it under toolwiz, i already reinstalled it.
could be because i am using standard account?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
since i was running it under toolwiz, i already reinstalled it.
could be because i am using standard account?

I don't think so, but you can try limited Admin account.

I suggest submit report to TinyWall developer. He will take some time to respond, but he was always helpful when I asked questions or reported problems.

Also, there is dedicated TinyWall thread over at Wilders - "Beta Testing TinyWall" I think is the thread name. Some users have had TW on their system for years.

I wish I could be of more help.

Reactions: Dirk41
H

hjlbx

Thread author
@Dirk41

Do you have Allow rules for both WWAHost.exe System32 and SysWOW64 ?

What about Hxstr.exe ? Hxstr.exe is in same directory as HxMail.exe.

Not sure buddy, just thinking about what it could be.

Sometimes fix is trial-and-error...

Reactions: Dirk41
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.