DDR ?, 16gb
SSD, 256gb

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Apr 28, 2015
@tipo:

Use a full virtuliazed system such as VirtualBox or VMWare if download malware directly to Your system.

In Photos and Files Backup , consider also cloud services.

In Backup and RollBack, You may add a full Image System BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Periodic Scanners, You may add EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

tipo

Level 6
Jul 26, 2012
@tipo:

Use a full virtuliazed system such as VirtualBox or VMWare if download malware directly to Your system.

In Photos and Files Backup , consider also cloud services.

In Backup and RollBack, You may add a full Image System BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Periodic Scanners, You may add EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)
thanks for the heads up and advices!

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
May 4, 2018
Start off being blunt, backup solution(s) are needed no excuse not to protect data, regardless of what it is. Use Adguard or alternative instead of Adblock Plus, can also be used as additional malware protection IF needed but do not rely on it.

Definitely a lot that needs to be added here the computer is certainly not safe for the listed activities you do even with BD installed.

~LDogg

tipo

Level 6
Jul 26, 2012
Start off being blunt, backup solution(s) are needed no excuse not to protect data, regardless of what it is. Use Adguard or alternative instead of Adblock Plus, can also be used as additional malware protection IF needed but do not rely on it.

Definitely a lot that needs to be added here the computer is certainly not safe for the listed activities you do even with BD installed.

~LDogg
I also use shadow defender and rollback rx. and sometimes while testing malware on my laptop is inside the sandbox (sandboxie). but that`s very rare, that`s why I didn`t put sandboxie in my security config. the backup is manual, once a month,on an external hdd- only the files that I can`t live without.