Toolwiz Time Freeze [MustHave]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
this is a must have software that i just became aware of!

Toolwiz_Time_Freeze_ScreenShot.jpg

Toolwiz Time Freeze is a free instant system restore solution to keep your system safe and always like new. It protects your system from any unwanted changes and malicious activity in low disk level.With a simple click, it puts your actual system under virtual protection on the fly and creates a virtual environment as a copy of the real system, on which you can evaluate applications, watch movies, and perform online activities. It provides higher-level security to computer protection, and greatly improves the efficiency of virtual system.

SophieWhatever

Dec 27, 2011
HI Nathan Wootton been playing with Toolwiz Time Freeze
for 2 months using it on and off I find it light and easy to use and
and so far I can say i will keep using it
+ so have not seen any malware get passed it and infect my real system
and i have run a few malware on it to say the least, on my test pc ,

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you Nathan!

Home download link: Toolwiz Time Freeze: http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze

Latest Version: 1.4.0.0 Operating System:Windows XP/Vista/7/8 File Size: 1.2 M only!

I want to do the download today, and then I get the impression here!;)

SophieWhatever

Dec 27, 2011
I used shadow defender back in the day
I have tried a lot of software of this kind and I have to say I will be
keeping toolwiz time freeze

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes, the MUST!

I have downloaded and tested TimeFreeze, and I'm delighted by the tranquillity of his work in the background .. My Windows does not feel anything extra, and yet everything is nonexistent (of files downloaded by me during operating of TimeFreeze) after Windows restart!

During setup install, I had StartupMonitor warning: '.. has enregistered the executable TimeFreeze.exe - autorun - to run at system startup. Do you wish ..' I clicked No. Because I prefer to have more liberty of action without autostart ..;) My choice: I prefer manual start, if I wish to start, OK.?

In XueTr/Kernel tab I see the new Notify Routine entry for the module C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\BTOWSFF.sys . Also new Filter for driver C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\BTOWSVF.sys .
Nothing new in Startup tab, nothing new in Services tab, so OK.

In PowerTool/Detect Drive Infection tab: two new drivers with note 'Normal': BTOWSFF.sys and BTOWSVF.sys. 'Congratulations, there is no infected driver'.;) -yes, I prefer be paranoid rather, than ..

So I trust TimeFreeze.

TimeFreeze.exe in Process Hacker: Working Set 6.22 MB to 8.46 MB after start protection, it's nothing, this same has process of Process Hacker ..

After the TimeFreeze protection started (yes, manually by rigt click on the System Tray TimeFreeze icon) I have in C:\Toolwiz folder: system file Sandbox.cache. Perfect.:cool:

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

And for your good feel, look on this YouTube about Time Freeze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpjeDZXA38

So Nathan, thank you very much for this unexpected gift!

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Prorootect said:
OK., now the time for TimeFreeze for me .. so some news for you:

* Thanks to StartupMonitor!:

Quote:
'During setup install, I had StartupMonitor warning: '.. has enregistered the executable TimeFreeze.exe - autorun - to run at system startup. Do you wish ..' I clicked NO. Because I prefer to have more liberty of action without autostart .. My choice: I prefer manual start, if I wish to start, OK.?' - Yes, thank to StartupMonitor - my MBR is NOT changed.

* Toolwiz Forums » Toolwiz Software » Toolwiz Time Freeze: http://forums.toolwiz.com/forum/toolwiz-time-freeze-free

Are you ever happy? you have now been added to my block list.

Here is the reason for you "problem"

#
Toolwiz Admin said 2 months ago
Hi Tech,

Yes, It will change your MBR. as this solution must work before Windows loads. it need to hook the INT 13,INT 19,INT 15 to make a virtual environment that allows Windows loading hiber file every time.

No, it works for XP, Win7, Vista, Win8. Both 32bit and 64bit.

Regards
Toolwiz Team

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Nathan Wootton,

OK., Thank you for point out this sentence in my previous post, which is unfounded, suggesting that TTF changes the MBR, sorry for this. So let's be assured: Time Freeze does not change the MBR.

Indeed, on toolwiz.com forum - I see this response from Toolwiz Admin, which said 3 weeks ago:

'If we want to keep the changes for many reboots(survive reboots as you said), we need to change the user's MBR and use the HOOK code to do the redirection work since first stage. We have the whole tech for this and in fact you can find the Toolwiz BHORM in our website. This product can keep the protection for many reboots, but so far more users choose Timefreeze, not BHORM.

Replacing the MBR and adding the HOOK code to INT13 and INT15 is not a good news for many users. Sounds like a bookit:) It will bring a lot of compatibility and security issue. So far we want to keep our timeFreeze clear and smart. But we will try to make a new branch for the virtualization in the future, adding the features like RAM Cache, Exclusion Folder, Keep Changes for many reboot, Protect more partitions.'

- It's here on forums.toolwiz.com, topic: Time Freeze capabilities: http://forums.toolwiz.com/topic/time-freeze-capabilities

Then I delete this wrong post, thank you for noticing me this.;)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'HeffeD edited .. because:
Nathan, I think you completely misunderstood the point Prorootect was trying to make. He was stating that he was happy the software did not change the MBR, and that he was very happy with the software.

He even thanked you for sharing.'
- so thank you very much, HeffeD!;)

Hmm, I want to defend a little Nathan, because each one can have its bad days .. You know, I'm not so bad and you should always understand my English in the way of good intentions, positively please.
And I hope it goes well with you, Nathan? ..;)

So this little gift: and I hope it goes well with you, (1,28) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2uh-oNw1g

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

PS. 'Prorootect, thanks for the link to the TTF forum, I ll be checking it out often.' - Thank you Bo!:D

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I've tested Toolwiz TimeFreeze, did a really great job. Would you like me to upload a video about it on youtube?

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Good heads up, Now take that video over to there forum, im sure they will fix this little bug, but i don't think its a big problem as malware doesn't rename folders does it? have you tired deleting it after renaming?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
Good heads up, Now take that video over to there forum, im sure they will fix this little bug, but i don't think its a big problem as malware doesn't rename folders does it? have you tired deleting it after renaming?

I don't think that it's a little bug. We know that many thousands of malware are created daily, and they find new ways and ideas. Everything is possible. Deletion of the file succeed after renaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.