Oct 23, 2012
Reactions: Rahadian Putra

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for your reply..Then which antivirus should i use?
There are good free and paid AV's

Free : Avast, Avira, Microsoft Security Essentials (in Windows 8 it improved version called Windows Defender), Comodo
Paid : Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Emsisoft Antimalware

I
f you are experienced user ( you are aware of sites that can hold viruses, download your programs from known sites like Softpedia, Filehippo or product's official homepages, don't click on commercials that jumps on pages, etc etc) Windows Defender should be enough for your protection.
Then if you are searching some non-Microsoft solutions, I can recommend Avast from free products and ESET from paid products, both are light and provides good amount of protection to your computer.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Look this @Affan Arif , at the first look you think that's my quote, but see the last word :cool: It says Tiranium.
Adwares often has this commercial behavior :p In most cases these software costs nothing - worth nothing...
But this is not the case :D Tiranium is also good option ;)

Reactions: yigido

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
How long to you have left on your ESET Nod32 Antivirus license? Personally I would stick with what you have right now EAV,Windows Firewall , UAC & Smart Screen.You would be fine with that and maybe add SBIE for added protection when browsing.

I posted the above in your security config. I think that is a good setup.Let me know when how long you have left on your ESET Nod32 AV and I might be able to give you a boost on that

strumdrum

Level 1
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My vote is Webroot Secure Anywhere. But you won't find agreement anywhere. That's because there is a near infinite amount of variables such as computer hardware/software, user's experience, internet activity (what sites are frequented), etc.

Reactions: toffee

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
My vote is Webroot Secure Anywhere. But you won't find agreement anywhere. That's because there is a near infinite amount of variables such as computer hardware/software, user's experience, internet activity (what sites are frequented), etc.
Webroot takes like 30 seconds to do a full scan :s

gonwk

Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Hi folks,

I was searching the net for the same as OP=Affan Arif ... so, I was looking at Avira vs Avast vs AVG free versions.

I am personally using Avira 2014 (since 2009) with Windows own Firewall (this year) before I was using Comodo FW. My OS is Vista Home Prem., X64.

But, I wonder if Avast would be a Better choice ...

EDIT: After I posted my above comment I also found this Thread which might be Useful ...
http://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-free-vs-avast-free.13310/

G! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.