Top 5 Best-selling Smartphones (2008-2018)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AndroidAuthority: Here are the top five most popular smartphones of all time over the past decade:
  • 70 million - Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5
  • 78 million - iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
  • 80 million - Galaxy S4
  • 150 million - Nokia 5230
  • 220 million - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Why no recent handsets?
This probably boils down to two things. First, the increased competition in the market in recent years, which is splitting sales among a wider range of manufacturers and product lines. The rise of Huawei, Oppo, and others who are closing the gap between Samsung and Apple, for example. Secondly is that the most popular releases came about in the golden rise of the smartphone market. The 2012 – 2015 era saw substantial growth in the size of the market, before today’s plateau and far more limited growth.

Question

Level 3
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
I just voted for Samsung S3 because in Germany (In any case in my region (NRW) ) many older people have a S3 / S3 Mini

'dopse

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I enjoy being different from everyone else. So I never owned either of the phones listed.

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.