Top 5 Biggest Game Disappointments Of 2016

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Do you agree that these are the 5 biggest gaming disappointment of 2016?

No Man's Sky, The Division, Pokemon GO, Street Fighter V, and Gears of War 4.

What do you think?

Having only played 3 (Pokemon GO, Division, and Street Fighter V) out the 5 listed games, I have to admit I partially agree with the Author.

Pokemon GO was the rage when it was first released, everywhere I go I would see tons of people playing the game. Streets, union square, and parks were populated and families and friends are out playing and enjoying the game together OUTDoors. Then after 1 month, pokemon go players in my area and school, decreased all due to many reasons.

The Division, I really have no comment, I play it and view it as a standalone RPG, once you beat the game, the grinding, gearing, and endgame is just lackluster and seems more of a chore than fun.

Street Fighter V, Online really bugged me with Long loading times, RQers, server issues, battle lounges full of trolls. The game began to feel very stale for me after a month.

For myself, The biggest disappointment for me personally is Black Desert Online, I felt I found myself a WoW replacement without the monthly subs as it was a B2P game and the Publisher of said game was B2P in NA and EU because they will not implement P2W items in game. Fast Forward 2 months after release, Publisher is backtracking on their words, and slowly but surely P2W items are appearing on the Cash Shop. Good Bye BDO, Good Bye $99.99.

Last edited:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Do you agree that these are the 5 biggest gaming disappointment of 2016?

No Man's Sky, The Division, Pokemon GO, Street Fighter V, and Gears of War 4.

What do you think?

Having only played 3 (Pokemon GO, Division, and Street Fighter V) out the 5 listed games, I have to admit I partially agree with the Author.

Pokemon GO was the rage when it was first released, everywhere I go I would see tons of people playing the game. Streets, union square, and parks were populated and families and friends are out playing and enjoying the game together OUTDoors. Then after 1 month, pokemon go players in my area and school, died all due to many reasons.

The Division, I really have no comment, I play it and view it as a standalone RPG, once you beat the game, the grinding, gearing, and endgame is just lackluster and seems more of a chore than fun.

Street Fighter V, Online really bugged me with Long loading times, RQers, server issues, battle lounges full of trolls. The game began to feel very stale for me after a month.
I have only played The Division & Pokemon GO out of your list. Here are my opinions:

- No Man's Sky:

Never interested me, looked boring, I can't believe they actually made you watch the flight between planets - you could be just sat there not doing anything for like 2 minutes.

- The Division:

It's alright, not boring but not overly exciting either. The story looked alright but I just never finished it - much better games came out afterwards.

- Pokemon GO:

Started playing, played it for a week whilst camping, gave up... I honestly didn't understand what was meant to be so good about it - no offence Pokemon fans.

- Gears of War 4:

I thought it was meant to be decent but I've never bought a Gears game so I'm still not going to unless the next one gets insanely good reviews.

- Cannot comment on Street Fighter V

But there you go :)

My personal favourite games include: Overwatch, Far Cry (all games), Battlefield 1, Rocket League, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V & a few others...

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I have always seen Pokemon GO a boring and repetitive game, I played a few times in my bro's phone, and I get bored instantly.
As Xbox user, I have GOW 4, for me it's a nice game, it has not disappointed me at all.

Reactions: Svoll and frogboy

Xanoas

Level 2
Verified
May 10, 2014
Pokemon GO is a fun game to play with family or friends when you go out, but the way people devoted their lives to playing it consistently was just stupid. I played the game for about a month and then deleted.

The Division, I really enjoyed this game even after the campaign. The game is only enjoyable when you team up, run missions and Dark Zone grind which is the best.

Reactions: Svoll

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
The biggest disappointement for me was Pokemon GO. I haven't played it myself, but I know some people and saw them playing it. I never really saw what was so attrictive to it, but that's my opinion of course. I've played pokemon back in the day on my gameboy (more than 10 years ago I'm speaking of) and then it was a game that I played hours and hours. Those old pokemon games were timeless. This new pokemon Go wasn't attractive at all to me.
Also the whole hype around it was the start of the end of the game. Even before it was out, it was already a dead game imho. Too much incidents that made the news because of people playing it to exagerrated etc...
Once the holidays were over and school started again, almost nobody I knew played it anymore. Now it's again like it never existed.

TobyCortez

Oct 19, 2016
Pokemon GO is a fun game to play with family or friends when you go out, but the way people devoted their lives to playing it consistently was just stupid. I played the game for about a month and then deleted.

The Division, I really enjoyed this game even after the campaign. The game is only enjoyable when you team up, run missions and Dark Zone grind which is the best.

Me too, title game Pokemon Go is so hot but I can not play it anymore, so much trouble. Maybe Niantic just want to their money, do not care about player

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pokemon Go made huge impact from the first 4-5 months however realizing the wasteful of GPS, network and battery usage including the confusion of game mechanics unless you are a Pokemon Fan out there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.