Top 5 Paid Anti-Malware Applications: Beginning of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpLoID

Thread author
May 22, 2012
1. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Professional
Malwarebytes tops the list once again with the professional edition of their flagship product. Unlike the free edition, the professional edition offers all the great things included in the free edition plus more. It offers real-time protection against malware and malicious websites known to the Malwarebytes database as well as automatic updating and scanning. When a executable file accesses memory, it is scanned by Malwarebytes. If malware is detected, execution is suspended and the user is alerted. The web blocking feature scans both inbound and outbound connections for known malicious IP addresses. If one is detected, Malwarebytes automatically terminates the connection and alerts the user with a simple bubble in the task bar. Incremental updates keeps Malwarebytes up-to-date quicker, allowing it to detect more malicious software. These great features are complimented by its great price. This is one of the main reasons Malwarebytes tops the list. The user pays a one time fee and recieves updates for life. This is a great compliment to any antivirus, even if you are using a free one. The only down side is that Malwarebytes can be little heavy on system resources and is not designed to run by itself.

2. Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Emsisoft's paid anti-malware product is a fantastic option for someone looking for comprehensive protection without having to buy a full internet security suite. It features both a signature based anti-malware engine as well a behavior blocker. The signature engine is powered by Ikarus, a antivirus company known for their high detection rate. Behavior blocking is operated by Mamutu, a comprehensive zero-day solution that can block even the most advanced malware. The program is a snap to navigate and use. Even behavior alerts are easy to read and understand, making the decision of what to do with the malicious file easy. The down side to this application is that is does not provide network intrusion prevention, like most anti-malware solutions.

3. Panda Global Protection 2012
Panda's top of the line product sure lives up to its title. This solution can provide comprehensive protection without bogging down your system and hogging your resources. Signature based detection is extremely impressive. Powered by Panda's collective intelligence and cloud based scanning, it can protect a user from malicious intrusions quicker than most internet security suites. The user interface is appealing to the eye and a breeze to navigate. Memory usage is impressive for an internet security package since the program uses cloud based technology. The down side to the product is that zero day protection could use a little improvement.

4. Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
Kaspersky's latest release of their internet security package puts them in the running once again. It is a vast improvement over the 2011 version. With Kaspersky's anti-malware engine the program provides all the protection that one would want or need. It includes a firewall, parental controls, and a HIPS engine. Used properly, Kaspersky can crush almost any malware that tries to intrude on your system. It can also protect your family and kids from inappropriate websites. The one down side to this solution is memory usage can a bit high.

5. VirusBuster Internet Security 2012
For the first time, VirusBuster makes the list. In the latest review, VirusBuster performed well above Malware Geek expectations. It's HIPS engine was responsive and was able to stop malware from intruding on the system. When the program did have a signature, it blocked the malware before it could damage. Not necssarily a viable option for an experienced user, it works extremely well for those who need solid protection without paying an enormous price. The one down side to this application is that is does need work on signature based malware detection and can be a bit hard to set up when first using the program.

ExpLoID

Thread author
May 22, 2012
eXPerience said:
Any source for this article ?

eXp

here :http://malware-geek.blogspot.com/2012/02/malware-geek-top-5-paid-anti-malware.html

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Just what I expected to see before opening this thread, Malwarebytes & Emsisoft at the top. I don't agree with the other 3 tho. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have to say I kind figured that Malwarebytes would be at the top of the list.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
MrXidus said:
Just what I expected to see before opening this thread, Malwarebytes & Emsisoft at the top. I don't agree with the other 3 tho. :)
Indeed,and even among the first two can be a debate as Emsisoft has a very powerful Behavioral engine and in a one on one test again Mbam Pro , I think it will do a better job at blocking malware.

@ExpLoID How did you come up with this results? Did you perform any tests?
Why are Internet Security Suites along side with Anti-Malware products?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Right said Jack without any test result how can we come to conclusion and trust the opinion of a blogger about his view/tests.
Yes no doubt Mbam and Emsisoft stands top on list but I am still looking for more about others....

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I agree with MBAM and EAM. Also agreed KIS is good but Panda is not great. VirusBuster should be good becuase of the HIPS of Agnitum Outpost in it.

ExpLoID

Thread author
May 22, 2012
@ExpLoID How did you come up with this results? Did you perform any tests?
Why are Internet Security Suites along side with Anti-Malware products?

yes jack has become a test and it turned out these results

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Is 'Malware Geek' still testing security apps ?
I note he hasn't made any video tests for some considerable time.

ExpLoID

Thread author
May 22, 2012
Saint said:
Right said Jack without any test result how can we come to conclusion and trust the opinion of a blogger about his view/tests.
Yes no doubt Mbam and Emsisoft stands top on list but I am still looking for more about others....

Saint man has become a test and can see the youtube video is not fake this conclusion

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ExpLoID said:
What kind of test was? How many malware samples he used? Did he used the same malware samples for all products?
What other products have been tested?

ExpLoID

Thread author
May 22, 2012
Jack said:
ExpLoID said:
What kind of test was? How many malware samples he used? Did he used the same malware samples for all products?
What other products have been tested?
Look Blong and video that has made

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Toggle MBAM and Emsisoft.

Are these Top 5 from real-world statistics or from the blog author?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Virusbuster there performance using like signatures and others were really poor. HIPS were the backbone that makes it stronger.

Thus this suite were designed to be use by experience user.

I assume that Norton Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security must be include on that top 5 as both were really good.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
NSG001 said:
Is 'Malware Geek' still testing security apps ?
I note he hasn't made any video tests for some considerable time.

He said hes been having critical tech issues.

Galaxy

Jul 23, 2012
I use Malwarebytes paid version for the realtime protection.
cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.