mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
Intel's new upcoming CPUs after ivy bridge
if you are intel fan then this would cheer you up

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/29793-top-haswell-desktop-is-core-i7-4770k

P

Plexx

The prices of the processors alone + MoBo will be rather expensive, specially if the user goes to K edition.

To be honest, only a handfu l of people will benefit from improved Processors.

Gamers focus mostly on GPU with a decent CPU and tons of Cooling (depending on the gamer, ram ranges from 4 to 8. Anything over than 8 is just overkill unless you are a hardcore gamer with a top end gaming rig and even so).

Graphic designers and video makers, will go with CPU + GPU high ends and over 16GB ram.

Average joe will get a desktop on deals which is known to have cheaper parts etc (i.e. i7 processor but then a weak gpu and medium hdd and just 4gb ram and an ok MoBo).

PC Builders and enthusiastics will build a high end rig and then mission accomplished or end up trashing because they overclocked too much or missed out some specific watercooling component etc.

Regardless, if we look at what happened to the i7's before second generation, everyone with decent common sense will stay away for awhile from new Intel processors, just to be on the safe side before they are recalled etc, or even wait for a 2nd generation version, like many did on i7's sandy bridge for example.

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
Biozfear said:
The prices of the processors alone + MoBo will be rather expensive, specially if the user goes to K edition.

To be honest, only a handfu l of people will benefit from improved Processors.

Gamers focus mostly on GPU with a decent CPU and tons of Cooling (depending on the gamer, ram ranges from 4 to 8. Anything over than 8 is just overkill unless you are a hardcore gamer with a top end gaming rig and even so).

Graphic designers and video makers, will go with CPU + GPU high ends and over 16GB ram.

Average joe will get a desktop on deals which is known to have cheaper parts etc (i.e. i7 processor but then a weak gpu and medium hdd and just 4gb ram and an ok MoBo).

PC Builders and enthusiastics will build a high end rig and then mission accomplished or end up trashing because they overclocked too much or missed out some specific watercooling component etc.

Regardless, if we look at what happened to the i7's before second generation, everyone with decent common sense will stay away for awhile from new Intel processors, just to be on the safe side before they are recalled etc, or even wait for a 2nd generation version, like many did on i7's sandy bridge for example.

Agreed
But we should be updated about new upcoming technology. By knowing everything we can build a Good PC in low Budgt.
For example if we will go for AMD PC. AMD kills intel in price vs Performanc.
Their main concern is making money so they have to introduce new and new thing otherwise people will be bored with same technology for long time.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with you Biozfear,I think sometimes people get carried away and jump on the first new cpu that comes out and waiting does make sense.I also think 8 GB memory makes sense and anything more is overkill for most users.The money saved on that could be put towards something more practical.I do like to stay on top of of the latest tech advances especially in the CPU category.I must admit that I enjoy a bit of overkill when building a new machine

P

Plexx

Actually between 6GB and 8GB RAM, difference is insignificant for most users even gamers, that is why I am happy with a 6GB when I could have gotten more. Sure I have more stashed away but I rather use those as replacements as opposed to gimp it further for little to no reason.

I held on Intel's i cores until sandy bridge was released and even so, ill give you this example:

Mine is a i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, with turbo boost.

The next i7 which was sitting at 2.30 was nearly 35% more of what I paid for mine.

Now is that worth? Nope. unless the system is for some heavy CPU usage. And on a laptop, having a gaming rig is already expensive as it is and the user must properly study the available options.

Sure, gaming, everyone will say Alienware MX17 series.

Nearly 60% more than mine for what, a dual graphics card in SLI, 8GB RAM and a SSD or 2 2TB HDDs SATA 2?

What about overheating? where is the air coming out etc.

mr.lashpash

Thread author
Oct 18, 2012
In my town some guys just owe extreme rig and in reality they don't know what to do with their PCs.
They just want most expensive goodies.
Before buying new stuff people should check out reviews and user opinions.
in my opinion best reviews website are xbitlabs, overclockersclub, PC world and Fudzilla.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I love the 35/45W version and very efficient for an average use.

Haswell is a good choice over the APU due to the stronger cpu. iGPU should also be better compare to the previous generation. What I don't like is that they don't have 4channel controller, which the iGPU would benefit from (128bit vs 256bits)

I will wait until boardwell and when maxwell/amd's alternativs comes out as I plan to make a dual socket rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.