Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
There is no evidence that any piracy related info is being shared. Still, the connection is raising red flags with other tracker operators as well. More trackers reportedly ban Windows 10 and others including BB and FSC are consider to follow suit.

“We have also found [Windows 10] will be gathering information on users’ P2P use to be shared with anti piracy group,” BB staff writes to its users.

“What’s particularly nasty is that apparently it sends the results of local(!!) searches to a well known anti piracy company directly so as soon as you have one known p2p or scene release on your local disk … BAM!”

Full Article

Reactions: Nikos751
A

AnoOtaku

Stick with Windows 7 / 8.1 till this is sorted out.
..... Or use a vpn.

sensesx

Level 1
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
I'm also sick of windows 10 and with all the drama that's going on, i'll surely revert back to windows 10

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I have nothing against data collection, data sharing, data tracking, data thief; as far as the user has the option to choose from proper settings. If an user believes default settings will help Microsoft to improve it's service with him, that's wonderful. But if the user, believes that all this data won't help in any way to improve the service he is receiving; he may find useful adequate settings to disable such features. In my case, error reporting is enough for me, far from that; I don't see any advantages for me on sharing all my data with Microsoft. Then again, I look into settings; If I don't see them I'll try to make my way to make it work as in the past, when there were such options.

Reactions: Butterfly

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well sometimes if you are not going to do the 'vices' then privacy issues for Microsoft must fine for you, however in such related crime happen hence that evidence may capable to use against you when someone report. Its time to adjust some habits and be vigilant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.