Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJokerz

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
Let me start by saying this, I hope this is in the correct section!

Long story short, I recently updated some of my hardware on my desktop(GPU, CPU, added HDD). I had a windows 10 install that was a year old, and wanted to do a clean install. So WIN 10 Fall Creator update was out so I figured what a better time than now to do a clean install. Before I forget to mention, I had the old install encrypted with Bitlocker. I am just now getting around to setting up Bitlocker on the fresh install of windows 10. Here is my issue, every time I restart it will ask for my recovery key. I have double checked the UEFI twice to ensure the TPM module is enabled and has the correct settings.

Now here a second question. I have poked around on the net and have come to the conclusion that I should have maybe cleared the TPM before I encrypted again. Not sure how true this really is. I have also seen that there are a couple of commands that I can run for example
Code:
Manage-bde –protectors –delete C: -type TPM
Code:
Manage-bde –protectors – add C: -tpm
these are supposed to repopulate the TPM chip. My only issue is that I really do not want to have to reinstall windows because the drives became non decryptable.

Is there anything I can do??
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.