New Update Tracking prevention add-ons: Firefox Multi-Account Containers for Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube and more!

Chimaira

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
I am going to try Opera tonight.. I used Opera for years and enjoyed it. Yandex is gorgeous and functional, but riddled with problems and spying implications.

Opera is my only hope for non-browser suckage now. Hope it's improved in the last year, I think it was a year ago when I tried it last.

It is funny how different peoples experiences are with the same program. The code doesn't change whether using it on my PC or yours and yet my experience with the new Firefox is that it is consistently faster and smoother than other browsers. :confused:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Efforts appreciated, but can we acknowledge that Mozilla has failed to protect Firefox users, it's a little bit too late. I can hope it be a standard function of Firefox one day, with some intelligence (database) to identify which sites need isolation without user intervention.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I just reformatted my MS SP4 tablet and only using FF Quantum as my browser.....so no Chrome browser and I'm also not using FB, Twitter and gmail

So do I still need Google, Facebook and Twitter Containers as my extensions? Is there under any circumstances that I'll need these 3 containers?

I watch clips on Youtube so I'll need Youtube Container, right? Or is there a substitute for Youtube that's equally good so no need of Youtube Container as well?

Thanks

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hi

I just reformatted my MS SP4 tablet and only using FF Quantum as my browser.....so no Chrome browser and I'm also not using FB, Twitter and gmail

So do I still need Google, Facebook and Twitter Containers as my extensions? Is there under any circumstances that I'll need these 3 containers?

I watch clips on Youtube so I'll need Youtube Container, right? Or is there a substitute for Youtube that's equally good so no need of Youtube Container as well?

Thanks

FF's multi-container app should do it.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Just enable multi containers and install temporary containers with auto (delete). Works flawlessly on 1 account. Trick is that all tabs are put in temporaray containers.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Question about the standalone containers, do they isolate all sites related to the services?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just enable multi containers and install temporary containers with auto (delete). Works flawlessly on 1 account. Trick is that all tabs are put in temporaray containers.

Now, I have Temporary Containers with Deletes History Temporary Containers enabled (since Temporary Containers doesn't delete History). Do I still need multi containers since I use only 1 account?

If I have Deletes History Temporary Containers enabled in Temporary Containers do I still need to 'Clear history when FF closes' or select 'Never remember history' in FF --> Privacy & Security? BTW, I'm not using private browsing mode.

Thanks

Last edited:

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Firefox about:config has better security perzonalization lines and much more privacy options than chromium flags,
but the chromium has better, security tabs, isolating per process, sandbox, javascript and cookies options, taking care not to lose our internal configuration folder at appdata local. firefox is weak protecting our user configuration against ccleanear and others damage from tunning programs. the extensions tab of chrome is more comfortable.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Now, I have Temporary Containers with Deletes History Temporary Containers enabled (since Temporary Containers doesn't delete History). Do I still need multi containers since I use only 1 account?

If I have Deletes History Temporary Containers enabled in Temporary Containers do I still need to 'Clear history when FF closes' or select 'Never remember history' in FF --> Privacy & Security? BTW, I'm not using private browsing mode.

Thanks
I have multi containers enabled and FF set to forget history and allow third-party cookies from sites I have visisted. But I am a newby to FF. maybe more seasoned FF users can advise

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Youtube Container

If I set in ==> Privacy & Security ==> History ==> Never remember history

2 things happen

1) I cannot simpy type anything into the address bar to search. It won't recognize the search. I need to type the complete domain. To avoid this issue I need to go to ==> Search and enable ==> Add search bar in toolbar

2) Temporary and Youtube Containers disappeared from the address bar

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Firefox is pretty much unusable for me. Not just the font junk. Magic Actions Dark Mode for Youtube doesn't work. Among other things. Also it randomly has issues with a variety of websites and form entry locations. Last night it wouldn't even allow me to paste my 30 character password into my bank, I had to load Chrome and do it.

Firefox feels like the developers don't really use it, or don't understand simple usability of products. They really don't 'get it' with form, function and usability. Look at how much more graceful Yandex is in comparison. I really don't understand after all these years Firefix feels and functions so kludged...
Magic Actions shows ad popups that look like native apps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.