Troubleshoot Transcend flash drive memory shrunk to 590 MB from 29(32) GB. Need some help to fix it.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Flash drive has been detected but the volume is not displayed in the explorer. but i can see the volume in disk management.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried reformatting, deleting, combining the drives with AOMEI partition assistant when it was not possible to do with disk management.
I need help fellow members of MT please. Help me fix this.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I think a low level formation could help. You could try these tools, it's free for personal use. Keep in mind all data on the drive will be erased.
Here is the link: http://www.hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/
Here is the link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool.shtml
Firstly Sorry to disappoint you, it didnt work for me, as my drive was not detected from the software, indeed its been detected by Disk Management.
And secondly I guess it doesnt transcend flash drives, i tried with lexar and it was not detecting. As i mentioned in above post i tried with transcend utilities, but i observed a failure.

Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Is it solved yet, broo?
Instructions in short:
Run CMD as administrator.
1.diskpart
2.list disk ( space between list & disk )
3.select disk x (x being the usb)
4.clean
5.create partition primary
6.active
7.select partition 1
8.format fs=fat32 quick

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Is it solved yet, broo?
Instructions in short:
Run CMD as administrator.
1.diskpart
2.list disk ( space between list & disk )
3.select disk x (x being the usb)
4.clean
5.create partition primary
6.active
7.select partition 1
8.format fs=fat32 quick
No, but, Well Since it was under warranty, we got a replacement of it.;)

Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Ok but next time try that method, it worked when friend of mine got same problem as u. A virus was infected his usbdrive, dunno wut was ur case.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Ok but next time try that method, it worked when friend of mine got same problem as u. A virus was infected his usbdrive, dunno wut was ur case.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look forward to it if i face the issue once again with my flash drives.
But I pray the God not to happen once again!;)

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Moreover flash drive reached its end of life by running out of spare cells. Never fill the entire flash drive keep 20-30% free space for prolonging flash drive's health. I was using Sandisk cruzer which failed in 3 months and all my data was lost.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.