Q&A Trend Micro - Question about virus definition updates

amico81

Level 12
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I'm a new Trend Micro -User and i don't understand the info about the virus definition updates.

I get the info in the main screen that the program is up to date. But if i take a look at the components, i see

that the single components have another date...at the moment 2 days before.

Is it normal for Trend Micro?

Attachments

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I would say that's normal. I assume that virus definition updates are distinct from engine/component updates. But I'm not totally sure with Trend Micro's. :)

When was Trend Micro's latest program version released? Two days ago? Never mind. It's not. The latest version was released on Sept. 13, 2017.

Hello,

from experience with TrendMicro Products / Office Scan / Worry Free and Consumer products - Component Updates really mean part of module updates. (Parts of the Engine) Every component is to be seen as a separate entity. ;)

Signature updates are a separate part from each module and are called pattern files.

Location of pattern files on Trendmicro.com : Trend Micro Software Download Center

Like this if it does not update or it failed you can always manually add them to your system. :D

Best regards
Val.

amico81

Level 12
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I am used to see the date of signatures updates from other products. so I find it a pity that i cant see it @ Trend Micro.

L0ckJaw

Level 7
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
It is normal, it updates :
1526212215520.png

These are the definitions. The other are the core components.
I tested it alot and the detection rate is very very good.