Q&A Trend Micro - Question about virus definition updates

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

amico81

Level 10
Jan 10, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Avast
I'm a new Trend Micro -User and i don't understand the info about the virus definition updates.

I get the info in the main screen that the program is up to date. But if i take a look at the components, i see

that the single components have another date...at the moment 2 days before.

Is it normal for Trend Micro?

Attachments

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
I would say that's normal. I assume that virus definition updates are distinct from engine/component updates. But I'm not totally sure with Trend Micro's. :)

When was Trend Micro's latest program version released? Two days ago? Never mind. It's not. The latest version was released on Sept. 13, 2017.

Jul 26, 2015
Hello,

from experience with TrendMicro Products / Office Scan / Worry Free and Consumer products - Component Updates really mean part of module updates. (Parts of the Engine) Every component is to be seen as a separate entity. ;)

Signature updates are a separate part from each module and are called pattern files.

Location of pattern files on Trendmicro.com : Trend Micro Software Download Center

Like this if it does not update or it failed you can always manually add them to your system. :D

Best regards
Val.

amico81

Level 10
Jan 10, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Avast
I am used to see the date of signatures updates from other products. so I find it a pity that i cant see it @ Trend Micro.