rasoul74

Enhancing Great Innovations

Be one of the first to try Trend Micro Security 2021 using your personal laptop or desktop at home. Submit a completed online feedback survey or report any critical bug and get a chance to win exciting prizes!

BETA Testing period: June 2 - July 6, 2020

Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 mainly incorporates the following new features and enhancements:
  • Setting Guidance
  • Enhanced Fraud Buster
  • Enhanced Pay Guard
  • Enhanced Trend Micro Toolbar
  • Enhanced Trend Micro Installer icon
  • Pop Up Scan Result for downloaded files
Trend Micro Security 2021 BETA Testing · Trend Micro for Home

sepik

Level 9
Hello,
I did some quick PC Mark 10 Express tests with various AV/Suites.
Without AV the final score was 5095:
1. BullGuard IS 5098
2. Sophos Free 4 861 (Premium components disabled)
3. GData AV 4 778
4. Weboot SecureAnywhere 4 727
5. FortiClient Free 4 636
6. Trend Micro Maximum Security 4 393

Sophos performed suprisingly good, i think the reason for that is their HitmanPro.Alert component which slows down your computer. I have noticed this when i ran HitmanPro.Alert as standalone product.
Trend Micro result is not acceptable. I hope that the new 2021 version will perform better. :rolleyes:
Strange that av-test.org gave Trend Micro 6/6 points for Performance. :unsure:

Kind regards,
-sepik

sepik

Level 9
@SeriousHoax
Now i'm testing Trend Micro 2021 latest beta and it's performance is pretty good now. PC Mark 10 Express test final score went up over 400 points.
Especially application startup times are now much better and overall performance is good. I already found some bugs and submitted them to the Trend Micro beta labs.

Kind regards,
-sepik

SeriousHoax

Level 30
Verified
Malware Tester
@SeriousHoax
Now i'm testing Trend Micro 2021 latest beta and it's performance is pretty good now. PC Mark 10 Express test final score went up over 400 points.
Especially application startup times are now much better and overall performance is good. I already found some bugs and submitted them to the Trend Micro beta labs.

Kind regards,
-sepik
Good to know and it's great you also submitted bugs to them which should improve the product.

sepik

Level 9
@Bryan320
For me the beta version blocked all malware hosted sites.
Also, remember to check \Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\Debug -root folder. For me the latest beta creates massive amount of .log and .bak files there. About 500mb / day. Log files are good for troubleshooting purposes, but 500mb per day ridiculous and trashes your SSD/HDD drive.
You need to edit AmspConfig.ini found in AMSP folder and set DebugLogAMSPServiceStart to 0.

First, copy-paste AmspConfig.ini to your Desktop. Edit it and then copy-paste it back to AMSP -folder and reboot. If that does not work, temporarily disable TM protection and try to save that .ini file again. After reboot, there's only event log file, which is about 50kb in size. I already reported that "bug" to them. They should add a feature how to deal/delete those big log/bak files. For example, weekly auto-delete or restrict log files size to 10mb etc...

Also Fraud Buster did not worked when i tested it. It gave me an error, i reported that too. Also there were some problem with window focus etc.

Its still in beta stage so those bugs are understandable.

Kind regards,
-sepik

Mariihh

Level 3
Hello,
1. BullGuard IS 5098
3. GData AV 4 778

Sophos performed suprisingly good, i think the reason for that is their HitmanPro.Alert component which slows down your computer. I have noticed this when i ran HitmanPro.Alert as standalone product.
Trend Micro result is not acceptable. I hope that the new 2021 version will perform better. :rolleyes:

Kind regards,
-sepik
BullGuard is an interesting option to think about if you are a gamer.

sepik

Level 9
Hello,
When i open TM 2021 latest beta User Interface, it uses UPK://titanium -folder to run the UI.
What is that UPK? Fast googling resulted something to do with Oracle?
Anyone knows whats that UPK is?

Kind regards,
-sepik

Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
Trendmicro is good against fileless malware unlike norton thats all reputation based.
Not sure about Norton .
But SEP bloodhound / sonar isn't too bad in my testing even though it's far from perfect.
It was able to stop some very nasty scripts that Kaspersky had failed to detect.
Not sure about trend micro as I haven't tested it.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
Hello,
1. BullGuard IS 5098
3. GData AV 4 778

Kind regards,
-sepik
If you can add the following to your test it would be great .
Kaspersky free ,SEP unmanaged , comodo FW cruelsister settings,wise vector.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
AV-Test's performance test is terrible. It usually don't match with my personal experience. AV-Comparatives's performance tests always match with my own experience. AV-Comparatives use PC Mark like your own test.
That's why we need lots of testing on different specs / OS versions.
In order to get a good estimate of performance.