Bryan320

Level 7
For many saying it's the same product many enhancements to it's behavior blocker have been made. You can't see these changes just by looking at the product. for the most part yes the UI is the same but under the hood is different!!! You will see this in the next malwarehub test of it. 2021 version of course. How did i know TrendMicro 2021 was going to be released in a few days? hehehehe

McMcbrad

Level 8
For many saying it's the same product many enhancements to it's behavior blocker have been made. You can't see these changes just by looking at the product. for the most part yes the UI is the same but under the hood is different!!! You will see this in the next malwarehub test of it. 2021 version of course. How did i know TrendMicro 2021 was going to be released in a few days? hehehehe
Hmm who told you I wonder 😛😛😛😛
Trend Micro’s performance impact is just too large. Why would anyone do this to their PC?

Also, when they said “download advisor” I was expecting more. What they’ve done is they just scan the file with definitions (which we all know are not that effective) and they say file is safe.
When you execute it, it says it is suspicious.
So if I was a novice user, I’d just ignore the warning and run it. Upon downloading it, I was already told it’s safe. That’s how even whilst running a heavy AV, my PC will still be infected.
This is a huge dealbreaker, as the software seemingly targets novice users.

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 75
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Hmm who told you I wonder 😛😛😛😛
Trend Micro’s performance impact is just too large. Why would anyone do this to their PC?

Also, when they said “download advisor” I was expecting more. What they’ve done is they just scan the file with definitions (which we all know are not that effective) and they say file is safe.
When you execute it, it says it is suspicious.
So if I was a novice user, I’d just ignore the warning and run it. Upon downloading it, I was already told it’s safe. That’s how even whilst running a heavy AV, my PC will still be infected.
This is a huge dealbreaker, as the software seemingly targets novice users.
The performance Trend has isn't that bad. It was back in the old days, but the performance is good. I never have issues with Trend when it comes to slowing down the system.
I missed out on the 2021 beta so I can not tell you on how that impacts the PC performance.

I see trend as a easy to use and simple AV. It's webfilter is good, and it has a pretty good detection rate as shown in my tests in the Malware Hub.

McMcbrad

Level 8
The performance Trend has isn't that bad. It was back in the old days, but the performance is good. I never have issues with Trend when it comes to slowing down the system.
I missed out on the 2021 beta so I can not tell you on how that impacts the PC performance.

I see trend as a easy to use and simple AV. It's webfilter is good, and it has a pretty good detection rate as shown in my tests in the Malware Hub.
All that is true, but there is a constant usage of at least 5% CPU by the main process + password manager (why does a password manager have a constant background activity is unknown to me). Upon launching an app it spikes to ~30%. In the long run this translates to an enormous performance impact, only seen by Windows Defender.
The RAM usage also constantly fluctuates, which indicates a non-stop activity by the product. It causes my device to overheat and it drains battery a lot faster than anyone else. Opening programs, like Photoshop is times slower as compared to when Bitdefender is installed.
I have tested the 2021 version, they have improved the speed in the UI, but they have not reduced their performance impact. Considering this is a product very limited on features, it should be a lot lighter.
Signatures are a joke, it detects almost nothing statically, it always relies on the cloud, but doesn’t remove suspicious files, it just advises the user not to open them. If you go ahead and run the file second time, it gives you the option to ignore the warning, which is not great. Behavioural blocker is great, probably the best I’ve seen.

Last edited: