Advice Request Trend Micro subscription?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Hello! I am trying Trend Micro and I can safely say that I have fallen in love with it. I have purchased a 1-year subscription for three devices. If I buy some keys and activate them will they be added to my subscription or each key will give you a standalone subscription. Please anyone using TM to confirm that point. Thank you in advance

Reactions: BVLon and McLovin

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Not sure the question you are asking. Whatever keys you buy (3 user, 1 year), you will be able to use. Sorry, what question are you asking?

I'm sure that their subscription program works the same as all the others.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Not sure the question you are asking. Whatever keys you buy (3 user, 1 year), you will be able to use. Sorry, what question are you asking?

I'm sure that their subscription program works the same as all the others.

Thank you for your reply! Now I have purchased a one-year subscription and activated it, if I buy another key and activated it will I have 2 years in total, or it just replaces the old susbcriptio? Hope I made it clearer this time (Arabic is my first language and sometimes my English sucks :emoji_flushed:)

Reactions: Weebarra
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

if I buy another key and activated it will I have 2 years in total, or it just replaces the old susbcriptio?
Subscribtion time will start at the time you add key to your account. Subscribtion time doesn't stack up, each key is different so is the Trend Micros version. When you buy a new key, save it somewhere, and add it only when your main key is expired/about to expire. If you add a new key in software itself which is already activated, it will be replaced with a new one, but no point in doing that, because old one will continue to expire. Also remember to deactivate unused license seats in your user account (if activated previously on other PCs) Trend doesn't do it automatically if 3 seats are taken you won't be able to activate on 4th PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Subscribtion time will start at the time you add key to your account. Subscribtion time doesn't stack up, each key is different so is the Trend Micros version. When you buy a new key, save it somewhere, and add it only when your main key is expired/about to expire. If you add a new key in software itself which is already activated, it will be replaced with a new one, but no point in doing that, because old one will continue to expire. Also remember to deactivate unused license seats in your user account (if activated previously on other PCs) Trend doesn't do it automatically if 3 seats are taken you won't be able to activate on 4th PC.

Thank you! Bullguard is different. When you add a new key, the subscription is added to your old one. Now I have 1700 days remaining :) I am going to buy some TM keys and store them in Sticky Password

Reactions: Weebarra
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thank you! Bullguard is different. When you add a new key, the subscription is added to your old one. Now I have 1700 days remaining :) I am going to buy some TM keys and store them in Sticky Password
Ye, that's probably the best you could do, since TM accepts ancient old licenses and they are pretty cheap too now, so. I also have Bullguard IS expiring in Sep 2020 by the same way, just adding licences on top of another one lol. Really just for testing purposes so whenever I need, I just jump on particular AV I need at that time, so no need to go through trial/registration bs. Be careful, saving multiple AV licences just for collecting can actually turn into addiction, the ones who deny that are already addicts. :D

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Ye, that's probably the best you could do, since TM accepts ancient old licenses and they are pretty cheap too now, so. I also have Bullguard IS expiring in Sep 2020 by the same way, just adding licences on top of another one lol. Really just for testing purposes so whenever I need, I just jump on particular AV I need at that time, so no need to go through trial/registration bs.

Mcafee 1825 days, Bullguard 1700, Trend Micro 371, Kaspersky 711. It is a good idea to have licenses to many product for when a product let you down you jump to the next without regret.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Each key is different so once you insert a new key you will have to start again from when you entered that key.
Great choice by the way. Have always been a fan of Trend Micro.

Reactions: Al-Faqir

samrex

Feb 7, 2016
HI.. Just contact the Trend Micro Support , They will merge your 1 year 2 keys into 1 license key with a validity period of 2 years.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

In my experience F Secure and Emsisoft have done that as well for me. But it's good to know Trend is also friendly in doing it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.