Expired TrendMicro Internet Security 2018 for free

Discussion in 'Giveaways Archive' started by mrgiang, Dec 19, 2017.

1. KevinYu0504

KevinYu0504 Level 3

Mar 10, 2017
    Taiwan
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
  2. Faybert

Faybert Level 9
    AV Tester

Jan 8, 2017
    Brasil
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    I did not use VPN

3. vindiesel

vindiesel Level 7

Apr 15, 2013
    Spain
    Already and tested with another gmail and nothing, good friend thank you wait.

Faybert likes this.
  4. KevinYu0504

KevinYu0504 Level 3

Mar 10, 2017
    Taiwan
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    My friend told me that he also using Gmail , but he wait for 2 hours to get the reply ,
    so you may need wait more :)

5. vindiesel

vindiesel Level 7

Apr 15, 2013
    Spain
    ok Thanks

bribon77 and KevinYu0504 like this.
  6. blueblackwow65

blueblackwow65 Level 11

Dec 19, 2012
    Does it need to be installed today or is activation started only when installed and what is the max number of days to activate it? Thks

7. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Why make it easy for them? Since Trend Micro and CIA joined labs, you are guaranteed your telemetry is going directly into the military industrial complex databases.

Booz Allen Hamilton and Trend Micro Partnership Fuses Advanced Analytics and Highest Quality Threat Intelligence for Real-Time View into Cybersecurity Threats Powered by Best-in-Class Research Team | Trend Micro Newsroom

Andy Ful likes this.
  8. Faybert

Faybert Level 9
    AV Tester

Jan 8, 2017
    Brasil
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    It starts to count from the moment you activate the program, about the time limit you have until activate, this I do not know to answer.

blueblackwow65 and upnorth like this.
  9. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    have recieved a serial withing a hour , I am not going to use it. so if someone here really needs it , sent me a PM :)

upnorth and Andy Ful like this.
  10. vindiesel

vindiesel Level 7

Apr 15, 2013
    Spain
    Hi I already got the 1 year serial, it took me an hour or so, thanks for the help.

plat1098 and KevinYu0504 like this.
  11. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Have you ever researched on what kind of temeltry antivirus products include? Like, if they picked up your personal files or acted as active keyloggers for your keyboard input then it would be a crime and a huge new worldwide. As well, we have no clues nor proof that other antivirus vendors like Kaspersky or Avast do not work directly for or with their governments. You won't ever be able to avoid telemtry for the simple reason that you're connected to the internet.

Oxygen, daljeet, bribon77 and 3 others like this.
  12. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    That is unless you don't run Windows, I pretty much agree... About all you can do is 'reduce' exposure and play whack-a-mole with programs/logging/telemetry/host files and other such matters.

I'm actually quite amazing that I can leave some linux and debian builds on the internet with a SIEM pointed at them and see absolutely no telemetry or 'chatting' from the OS outside of itself. But the reality is, Linux doesn't have much of a reason to talk outside of itself unless the apt-get update/upgrade is triggered, that's probably why it is incredibly quite. Also no need for chatty and intrusive kernal level programs like AV's.

13. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Level 3

Aug 17, 2013
    U.S.A
    Ummm, ..........NO

There are way too many incompatibility issues with this AV, just to start, it's not compatible with Malwarebytes or Winpatrol products and if you visit the site there are a whole other slew of products it does not play well with, so many they need to list them from A - Z.

Sorry but I am not dismantling my entire security solution that works VERY WELL to begin with, I think Trend Micro needs to teach their software to play well with others.

I can install and use any other AV and keep my side products, what makes Trend Micro so special?

14. gery79

gery79 Level 4

Jun 21, 2011
    #74 gery79, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
    Trend Micro is heavy indeed but it is not that bad, and recent test show that it is a top notch AV. I don't know if i will use the license but i will keep it and decide later.

15. Wordward

Wordward Level 2

Jun 21, 2011
    I agree. I like using different AV's occasionally, but I don't like having to uninstall and then reinstall other security programs due to compatibility issues that may not even truly exist. Malwarebytes Pro and WinPatrol Plus have run peaceably along with Avast, AVG, Norton Security (Xfinity), and BitDefender Free, to name a few. So?

blueblackwow65 likes this.
  16. ravi prakash saini

Apr 22, 2015
    india
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    yes
    yes it is lighter than Kaspersky and bitdefender so far I find it even lighter than emsisoft and eset

upnorth likes this.
  17. ShadicTheHedgehog

Nov 11, 2017
    Pabianice
    Windows 7
    Zemana
    I installed Trend Micro today and i activated my 1 year license. License expires 21 December. So pros license are: If you not activated license key yet: Key will wait on your activation without moving on the next day. Actually i tested Trend Micro on perfomance test and on games a little bit slows down loading time, i not seen yet some lags or less FPS, i'll let know if i test more functions and this antivirus smartly.

KevinYu0504 likes this.
  18. Syafiq

Syafiq Level 7

May 8, 2017
    Student
    Indonesia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    System Requirements:
    sysreq.PNG
    Am I really need this to run TrendMicro without problem ? :( If yes, i will pass.

19. KevinYu0504

KevinYu0504 Level 3

Mar 10, 2017
    Taiwan
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    #79 KevinYu0504, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Trend Micro basically is a cloud defenses software ,
    had almost 70% detect ability need the internet stay in connection status .

When Trend Micro detected unknow program or suspected threats ,
    Trend Micro will upload the item's information , and analysis it .
    if the cloud analysis found a threats ,
    than your Trend Micro will stop that program and protect your system .
    if the cloud analysis can't find any threats , than unknow program will allow to execute .

Of course you can use it with off line , but with out internet connection ,
    Trend Micro defense ability will drop , cloud analysis can't help you ,
    Trend Micro only can rely the offline database .
    so i don't recommend .

But you have no need to worry too much ,
    actually you don't need high speed internet ,
    Trend Micro only need 15.6 kbps (at least) to work perfect . :)

20. suma

suma Level 4

Feb 18, 2013
    India
    Windows 10
    Trend Micro
    Just a days ego Installed BullGuard Internet security. Is it enough or go trend micro?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: