Expired TrendMicro Internet Security 2018 for free

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
Thanks for the giveaway! For all those worried about espionage from CIA or similar: i suggest you using no software at all, everything has telemetry :)
Why make it easy for them? Since Trend Micro and CIA joined labs, you are guaranteed your telemetry is going directly into the military industrial complex databases.

Booz Allen Hamilton and Trend Micro Partnership Fuses Advanced Analytics and Highest Quality Threat Intelligence for Real-Time View into Cybersecurity Threats Powered by Best-in-Class Research Team | Trend Micro Newsroom

RoboMan

Level 23
Content Creator
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Why make it easy for them? Since Trend Micro and CIA joined labs, you are guaranteed your telemetry is going directly into the military industrial complex databases.

Booz Allen Hamilton and Trend Micro Partnership Fuses Advanced Analytics and Highest Quality Threat Intelligence for Real-Time View into Cybersecurity Threats Powered by Best-in-Class Research Team | Trend Micro Newsroom
Have you ever researched on what kind of temeltry antivirus products include? Like, if they picked up your personal files or acted as active keyloggers for your keyboard input then it would be a crime and a huge new worldwide. As well, we have no clues nor proof that other antivirus vendors like Kaspersky or Avast do not work directly for or with their governments. You won't ever be able to avoid telemtry for the simple reason that you're connected to the internet.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
You won't ever be able to avoid telemtry for the simple reason that you're connected to the internet.
That is unless you don't run Windows, I pretty much agree... About all you can do is 'reduce' exposure and play whack-a-mole with programs/logging/telemetry/host files and other such matters.

I'm actually quite amazing that I can leave some linux and debian builds on the internet with a SIEM pointed at them and see absolutely no telemetry or 'chatting' from the OS outside of itself. But the reality is, Linux doesn't have much of a reason to talk outside of itself unless the apt-get update/upgrade is triggered, that's probably why it is incredibly quite. Also no need for chatty and intrusive kernal level programs like AV's.

Ummm, ..........NO

There are way too many incompatibility issues with this AV, just to start, it's not compatible with Malwarebytes or Winpatrol products and if you visit the site there are a whole other slew of products it does not play well with, so many they need to list them from A - Z.

Sorry but I am not dismantling my entire security solution that works VERY WELL to begin with, I think Trend Micro needs to teach their software to play well with others.

I can install and use any other AV and keep my side products, what makes Trend Micro so special?

Trend Micro is heavy indeed but it is not that bad, and recent test show that it is a top notch AV. I don't know if i will use the license but i will keep it and decide later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, ..........NO

There are way too many incompatibility issues with this AV, just to start, it's not compatible with Malwarebytes or Winpatrol products and if you visit the site there are a whole other slew of products it does not play well with, so many they need to list them from A - Z.

Sorry but I am not dismantling my entire security solution that works VERY WELL to begin with, I think Trend Micro needs to teach their software to play well with others.

I can install and use any other AV and keep my side products, what makes Trend Micro so special?
I agree. I like using different AV's occasionally, but I don't like having to uninstall and then reinstall other security programs due to compatibility issues that may not even truly exist. Malwarebytes Pro and WinPatrol Plus have run peaceably along with Avast, AVG, Norton Security (Xfinity), and BitDefender Free, to name a few. So?

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Zemana
I installed Trend Micro today and i activated my 1 year license. License expires 21 December. So pros license are: If you not activated license key yet: Key will wait on your activation without moving on the next day. Actually i tested Trend Micro on perfomance test and on games a little bit slows down loading time, i not seen yet some lags or less FPS, i'll let know if i test more functions and this antivirus smartly.

Syafiq

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
System Requirements:
sysreq.PNG
Am I really need this to run TrendMicro without problem ? :( If yes, i will pass.

KevinYu0504

Level 4
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
System Requirements:
Am I really need this to run TrendMicro without problem ? :( If yes, i will pass.
Trend Micro basically is a cloud defenses software ,
had almost 70% detect ability need the internet stay in connection status .

When Trend Micro detected unknow program or suspected threats ,
Trend Micro will upload the item's information , and analysis it .
if the cloud analysis found a threats ,
than your Trend Micro will stop that program and protect your system .
if the cloud analysis can't find any threats , than unknow program will allow to execute .

Of course you can use it with off line , but with out internet connection ,
Trend Micro defense ability will drop , cloud analysis can't help you ,
Trend Micro only can rely the offline database .
so i don't recommend .

But you have no need to worry too much ,
actually you don't need high speed internet ,
Trend Micro only need 15.6 kbps (at least) to work perfect . :)

Last edited:

suma

Level 4
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Trend Micro
Just a days ego Installed BullGuard Internet security. Is it enough or go trend micro?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: