Tricksters security setup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Nice configuration, why not try windows firewall.
avast! new user interface is annoying, there are always promoting there high end product and there new system tuning feature which is something i believe is worthless.
A security company should concentrate on the new security technologies instead of wasting time on system tuning, but i would surely say there is no good free alternative of avast.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
thank you for your suggestion ;) I am not feeling all to secure with just windows firewall , zonealarm is easy to understand. although it is not the best. the combo of avast and zonealarm works nice and light. I did not see any upgrade popups from avast yet ;) in the near duture I might buy a security suite but I am not sure about this though.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I like your configuration...I also use ZoneAlarm, Avast!, and uBlock Origin.:)..
You will want to put ZoneAlarm & Avast in the "Real time malware protection" section instead of the "on demand" section.
The "on demand" is for software such as the free version of Malwarebytes anti malware..that does not offer "real time" protection but can be used to scan your system manually.
You may not need popup blocker pro if you already have uBlock origin...
Thank you for sharing your config with us:)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I like your configuration...I also use ZoneAlarm, Avast!, and uBlock Origin.:)..
You will want to put ZoneAlarm & Avast in the "Real time malware protection" section instead of the "on demand" section.
The "on demand" is for software such as the free version of Malwarebytes anti malware..that does not offer "real time" protection but can be used to scan your system manually.
You may not need popup blocker pro if you already have uBlock origin...
Thank you for sharing your config with us:)

sorry my bad! ;) will make the necssesary changes asap :)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Nice config but you can considering changing your firewall to the built-in Windows Firewall which is more than enough, especially if you're behind the router.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Looks pretty good. I recommend you change your title to "Trickster's Security Config in order to follow the rules and make it less confusing for other new members. @MrExplorer there is a custom installation so you can just have the protection features, not adding the system tuneup and that will help give less ads.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
first off : the two work fine together , I do not experience any slowdownd / crashes or freezes / laggs. my filters :

* adblock warning removal list
* anti adblock killer
* fanboys enhanced tracking list
* malware domains list
* malware domains
* spam 404

edit : like this app had used the free version of adfender for some time but it did not block all ads. I did not want to upgrade to their premium version , ublock does all for free :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
maybe they ironed out some incompatebillity bugs , or maybe the interaction between the two just differs on my or your machine. I like ublock , but some popups and popunders remain , thats where popupblocker pro steps in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.