Trojan horse removal: Protecting Troy

Are you worried by trojans?

• Yes, very much.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Yes, a little, but i believe i have a strong enough defense.

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
After a ten-year siege against the seemingly impenetrable city of Troy, the Greeks decided to try something a little more crafty than brute force. Concealing themselves within a trophy offering in the shape of a giant wooden horse, Greek soldiers were able to breach the city walls, capture Troy and win the entire war.

Modern Trojan horses are similarly deceptive. In computer terms, a Trojan horse is any malicious software that disguises itself in order to deceive users of its true intent. Trojans can take the form of just about anything: an innocuous download link, an email attachment sent from a work colleague or an image sent via social media.

Despite being one of the oldest forms of malware, Trojans have proven to be persistent pests and remain the leading cause of malware infection. In fact, they account for about 8 in 10 of all new malware infections.

Nevertheless, it is possible to defend your system against this type of cybercrime. In this article, we’re going to show you exactly how the different types of Trojans work and what you can do to reduce your risk of infection.

Read more here

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Of course i am worried about Trojans.
As i learned here in MT no config is 100% bulletproof.
The types of trojan i am most worried about is the banker trojan and the the exploit.
I am always concerned when i am using my banking credentials online.
Also i am worried about the exploit's so i am very careful to have my software an OS always up to date.
Anyway i believe that the addition of HitMan Pro Alert has strengthen my config but as i said i like to be careful
when i am using my banking credentials.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Yes, I'm worried.
Although I am well covered, and skilled enough, the constant perception of danger is necessary in order to achieve a good defense.
Malware/trojans never sleep, and they are in fast and constant evolution, always.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Let's be realistic, we're all worried about trojans entering our computers' system. :D

Troy got destroyed because the authority got very confident. So, do you like to follow Troy? :D

I voted "Yes, a little, but i believe i have a strong enough defense."
AppGuard 4 (on Locked Down mode or Protected mode) with Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 will protect me. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.