Trojan on Android Phone: Wateh.B (variant). ESET cannot remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
My device is infected with a Trojan: Wateh.B (variant) that is a system file that ESET Mobile Security cannot remove.

While focusing on removing it, how do I know what information could have been compromised? (There is also a password manager on the phone.....

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
-As first measure, make sure to locate which app is the one causing you this trouble. Of course, uninstall it.

-Open processes and check out the open processes. If you're able to recognize them, try stopping any unknown process.

-Having done this, connect the phone to the PC and scan the whole phone folder with your antivirus.

-Once again, scan with ESET Mobile and see if it detects it.

Reactions: soccer97

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Thank you. ESET has replied and let me know that they have recently received several reports. They are looking into it.

Under App Manager > All > I found this:

demo stub
version tmous-0.9.7. It has the android robot looking symbol for its icon
Of course it basically has full control of the phone.

Waiting to hear from ESET if it really is a system file before I can actually remove it

crazydale

Mar 25, 2015
I just spoke to eset support, the support team said that this is a false positive, & will be resolved in the next 24 to 48 hours. He said just keep updating virus signatures, & running scan. The threat will not show up once this issue has been resolved. It is a system file from the manufacturer.

Reactions: soccer97

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
I just got the same response. Thanks for the help. Apparently it is a false positive that is part of a pre-installed and flagged it as suspicious. Should be fixed in 24h.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.