Trotux, Nuesearch & Elex hijacker got into my system, now they won't be fully removed.

leszy15

Thread author
Aug 19, 2016
Couple days ago, I downloaded and executed a file I shouldn't have, trusting that if it contained any malware, windows defender would alert me and allow me to immediately kill the threat. And effectively it did, but the same second the file was run, my system was infected without a warning, it took literally half a second since I clicked run, to install 1 or 2 programs, search bars and infect internet browser shortcuts so everytime I'd click on one, it'd automatically redirect me to either "trotux.com" or "safesurfs.net" (and probably get into my windows registry too). By this, I mean that there was no warning or way to avoid it once it had started, it was not an infection due to not reading what I was agreeing to install aside from the main software, so malware could filter in while i was installing some other software. It just automatically installed as soon as it was opened.

At this moment I've run Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, SpyHunter 4, Hitman Pro and Avast, in that specific order. WD, Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro detected and deleted different threats,and not they detect nothing else. (Downloaded files, cookies, installed programs, add ons/extensions and infected browser shortcuts have been deleted, I've nog gotten into the windows registry though. I mean I tried, but found nothing, Windows 10's interface is different and it's my fist time using it).
halp.PNG

Spyhunter 4 though, detetcts many uhm, unwanted files:

halp 2.PNG

I'm not sure about what to do next, so I come to you.

I will be performing the AdwCleaner, FRST and aswMBR scans, and uploading the logs very soon, In a matter of minutes if I'm allowed to.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

You can uninstall Spyhunter now. We will use other removal tools.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

leszy15

Thread author
Aug 19, 2016
FRST and aswMBR logs

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
  • aswMBR.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 1

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.