Solved Trovi on Chrome for Mac

Infected operating system
macOS High Sierra
Infected device issues
Cannot remove Chrome from redirecting to Trovi. have tried Malwarebytes and Clean MY Mac and many posted options for removal. Any help would be appreciated.
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Chrome
Browser Settings: Homepage and Default Search Engine
Default web browser is Safari

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey there!

I've had similar issues (which brought me here) and when I run these, I get through the first three ok, but once i get to the last 3 it all falls apart. It says that the "Domain (com.google.Chrome) not found. Defaults have not been changed."

It doesn't matter what user I try it on, new or existing. Any ideas?

Let's try these steps:

STEP 1. Let's check if there any malicious profiles installed on your Mac:

1. Go to System Preferences.
  2. Click Profiles.
  3. Select any profile and click the remove “–” button in the lower-left corner.
If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal.

STEP 2. Let's reinstall Chrome.

In many cases, changes to Chrome may not be fixed with a simple browser reset. In such a case, it will be easier to completely remove Chrome and all data, then reinstall. To do this, click the Finder icon, from the menu bar. Choose Go, and click Go to Folder, then paste one of the below paths into the window that opens.

You will need to delete all of the below items, but before doing this be aware that this will delete all data for all Google apps you have installed, such as your bookmarks, so you will need to export them before doing this.

/Applications/Chrome.app
/Library/Application Support/Google/
/Library/Google/
~/Library/Application Support/Google/
~/Library/Google/
~/Library/Preferences/com.google.Chrome.plist
<<<< The "~" indicates that it's the current user's Library which is often invisible in recent versions of macOS. To get to it you must hold down the Option (sometimes labeled Alt) key down and select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

After deleting all of the above files, restart your device. You can now download and re-install Google Chrome on your device. You will need to import any exported bookmarks or other data, and may need to reinstall any other Google apps that you use.

Let me know if these steps fixed your issues.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.