Troy Hunt to appear at Congressional Hearing on Data Breaches next week in DC.

oneeye

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Greetings all,

Troy Hunt, website creator for
"Have I Been Pwned" (HIBP.com )
Wrote about his appearance next week in DC, and the comments after the article are worth reading thru first, before adding anything new as a suggestion. Here's an excerpt:

"
There's a title I never expected to write! But it's exactly what it sounds like and on Thursday next week, I'll be up in front of US congress on the other side of the world testifying about the impact of data breaches. It's an amazing opportunity to influence decision makers at the highest levels of government and frankly, I don't want to stuff it up which is why I'm asking the question - what should I say?

For a bit more context, I've been chatting with folks from the House Energy and Commerce Committee for a while now about the mechanics of data breaches. Obviously, the work I've been doing with Have I Been Pwned (HIBP) has given me a heap of insight into this specific area of infosec over the last 4 years and the folks from DC felt my views on things might be helpful. That was all great and I was happy to share my thoughts from the other side of the world. Then, a few weeks ago, they reached out and per the title of this post, said "Hey, how about testifying in front of congress in Washington DC?" Uh, you know I'm Australian, right? And yes, they knew of my funny accent and the fact that I was on the other side of the world but now, here we are.

Read more: I'm Testifying in Front of Congress in Washington DC about Data Breaches - What Should I Say?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Quote : " The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations will hold a hearing on Thursday, November 30, 2017, at 10:15 a.m. in 2322 Rayburn House Office Building. The hearing is entitled “ Identity Verification in a Post-Breach World. ” Witnesses will be announced and are by invitation only. The hearing webcast will be available at Home - Energy and Commerce Committee "

Source : http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IF/IF02/20171130/106662/HHRG-115-IF02-20171130-SD001.pdf

The webcast should if I understand it correct be available here : Identity Verification in a Post-Breach World - Energy and Commerce Committee

Thank's for the great share! (y)

oneeye

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Quote : " The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations will hold a hearing on Thursday, November 30, 2017, at 10:15 a.m. in 2322 Rayburn House Office Building. The hearing is entitled “ Identity Verification in a Post-Breach World. ” Witnesses will be announced and are by invitation only. The hearing webcast will be available at Home - Energy and Commerce Committee "

Source : http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IF/IF02/20171130/106662/HHRG-115-IF02-20171130-SD001.pdf

The webcast should if I understand it correct be available here : Identity Verification in a Post-Breach World - Energy and Commerce Committee

Thank's for the great share! (y)

Thanks for the great assist !!

Reactions: upnorth

oneeye

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 14, 2014

Thanks for Posting the tube link.
It was a really good Q&A as I watched this afternoon. I woke up late, and missed the live feed.

Troy has a new post up at his blog site about his experience in DC.

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.