TrustPort, Avira, Trend Micro or Norton - Which AV to buy?

• TrustPort

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Avira

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Trend Micro

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Norton

Votes: 48 73.8%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gery79

Level 6
Which of the following should I buy TrustPort, Avira, Trend Micro or Norton. I know that TrustPort and Trend Micro are a bit on the heavy side, but what are the other pros and cons of the these AVs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ttto

Level 8
Verified
If you feel these 2 AVs you mentioned heavy, try Norton, way lighter than TM or avira.

Reactions: Syafiq

Mr.Wave

Level 17
Norton is the strongest of all the suites you've mentioned. I tested trendmicro 2018 also and it is light on the system and quite good.trendmico comes with a Windows firewall booster , which is no biggie at all. My suggestion to you is to trial these 2 see afterwards which of these 2 you like best. Good luck in making you're choice! :) ;)

Davidov

Level 10
Which of the following should I buy TrustPort, Avira, Trend Micro or Norton. I know that TrustPort and Trend Micro are a bit on the heavy side, but what are the other pros and cons of the these AVs.
If I can recommend buy Emsisoft or Kaspersky. Emsisoft is not a lot of expensive on official websites. And Kaspersky can get Ebay if you believe it cheaply.

Ps:Emsisoft is also very light.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Voted for Norton just because of it's powerfull SONAR and many settings you can tweak to users preference. But I would chose Trend Micro myself, because with the latest version 2018, software for home users integrates Trend Micro’s XGen™ security, with machine learning, to better protect consumers against the latest evolving threats by providing multi-layered protection.

Latest 2018. version was released just two days ago :) Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security

Robbie

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
Norton's SONAR is hard to beat. I would bet for it on this list you mentioned. I'm an ex-Norton customer and i had very few problems when using it and good results:

-Great behaviour blocker
-Decent powerful firewall
-Good signatures
-Interactive real time web protection
-Really light on system and startup
-Extremely quick and helpful support

Only thing i disliked: still has problems when uninstalling. It broke my system and made it so slow it was unusuable (had to format). But i'm sure than is not still a problem, or they have an uninstaller tool.

Talking about Trend Micro, i have only heard good things, market leader for years.

About other antivirus not mentioned, Emsisoft and Kasperksy are the best options in the moment.

ispx

Level 13
Pre-moderated
Verified
i have been using trend micro since 5 years now & TM will always be my #1 recommendation.

01. the best customer service, even after your subscription has expired they will give you the same priority as they did earlier.

02. install & forget, you don't need to do nothing much here, no tweaks & no sister needed. TM does all that is needed out of the box.

03. as for the protection part, every AV has its good days & bad days. what is #1 at detection today might just suck tomorrow, what then?

carsten ibsen

Level 22
Verified
Hello, I voted Norton because I think it is the best alternative of the AV you have mentioned.
But I think you should go with Kaspersky or Bitdefender.(y)

Reactions: venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.