Battle TrustPort, Avira, Trend Micro or Norton - Which Internet Security Suite to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Which of the following should I buy TrustPort, Avira, Trend Micro or Norton. I know that TrustPort and Trend Micro are a bit on the heavy side, but what are the other pros and cons of the these AVs.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Norton is the strongest of all the suites you've mentioned. I tested trendmicro 2018 also and it is light on the system and quite good.trendmico comes with a Windows firewall booster , which is no biggie at all. My suggestion to you is to trial these 2 see afterwards which of these 2 you like best. Good luck in making you're choice! :) ;)

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Which of the following should I buy TrustPort, Avira, Trend Micro or Norton. I know that TrustPort and Trend Micro are a bit on the heavy side, but what are the other pros and cons of the these AVs.
If I can recommend buy Emsisoft or Kaspersky. Emsisoft is not a lot of expensive on official websites. And Kaspersky can get Ebay if you believe it cheaply.

Ps:Emsisoft is also very light.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Voted for Norton just because of it's powerfull SONAR and many settings you can tweak to users preference. But I would chose Trend Micro myself, because with the latest version 2018, software for home users integrates Trend Micro’s XGen™ security, with machine learning, to better protect consumers against the latest evolving threats by providing multi-layered protection.

Latest 2018. version was released just two days ago :) Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Norton's SONAR is hard to beat. I would bet for it on this list you mentioned. I'm an ex-Norton customer and i had very few problems when using it and good results:

-Great behaviour blocker
-Decent powerful firewall
-Good signatures
-Interactive real time web protection
-Really light on system and startup
-Extremely quick and helpful support

Only thing i disliked: still has problems when uninstalling. It broke my system and made it so slow it was unusuable (had to format). But i'm sure than is not still a problem, or they have an uninstaller tool.

Talking about Trend Micro, i have only heard good things, market leader for years.

About other antivirus not mentioned, Emsisoft and Kasperksy are the best options in the moment.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
i have been using trend micro since 5 years now & TM will always be my #1 recommendation.

01. the best customer service, even after your subscription has expired they will give you the same priority as they did earlier.

02. install & forget, you don't need to do nothing much here, no tweaks & no sister needed. TM does all that is needed out of the box.

03. as for the protection part, every AV has its good days & bad days. what is #1 at detection today might just suck tomorrow, what then?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, I voted Norton because I think it is the best alternative of the AV you have mentioned.
But I think you should go with Kaspersky or Bitdefender.(y)

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.