Battle Trustport VS Emsisoft VS Dr.Web VS G-DATA - Which is the better Security Suite?

why is KIS zero day protection off by default and plus there people who are beginner and the older gen with pcs are not noobs.

Zero-day protection is not off by default. System Watcher is turned ON by default.

You already know the answer as to why vendors disable HIPS by default. Nobody enables HIPS by default.

Typical user wants fully automated security and not have to respond to alerts. Typical user needs HIPS, but cannot handle HIPS.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Zero-day protection is not off by default. System Watcher is turned ON by default.

You already know the answer as to why vendors disable HIPS by default. Nobody enables HIPS by default.

Typical user wants fully automated security and not have to respond to alerts. Typical user needs HIPS, but cannot handle HIPS.
i was about talking zero day protection.

i was about talking zero day protection.

zero-day protection is enabled by default in Kaspersky. System Watcher is enabled by default. System Watcher includes various zero-day modules.

Also, if file is true "zero-day" malware then Application Control will automatically move it to Untrusted group which blocks execution. True "zero-day" would be a file with very low incidence among Kaspersky users. When file is executed, KIS checks KSN database.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@jn221, if you have not yet chosen from the four mentioned, based upon personal experience, I would recommend Emsisoft for all of the positive strengths already spoken of.
Seeing for yourself, if you are willing to take advantage of any of these selections 30 day trial periods, would certainly be the most revealing & personally rewarding.:)
By the way, although it's been mentioned here but was not included on your list, Kaspersky IS has succeeded Emsisoft (after it's year ended) on my own Windows 10 system; and I've been very satisfied with it's protection too!
Good luck, and let us know what you think of your choice.:D

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hi all.
I read all cms and all ideas,infact yes all of the Avs have good and bad point,I think persnally the starter of topic should test them "personally" all of them.
Due to MH tests, Emsisoft do a better one than the other choice "but" personaly in my System Emsisoft is a little buggy,
same as :slow down my boot time over 2 min,heavy update if you do't update it for 1 week...
Emsisoft:
Pros: Strong BB, Good signature
Cons: Fps,Heavy update,little buggy.
G data: personaly I do't test it so I can't said "bad" or "good" but I think it same as Emsisoft with a bit heavier on System.
for Dr.Web: their software is improved day to day but we have worst results in MH, so "If" the level of prevention of Dr.Web go same as Emsisoft, Personaly I said Dr.Web better than the other .
btw between these softwares first I go with Emsisoft second I go with Dr.Web

G data: personaly I do't test it so I can't said "bad" or "good" but I think it same as Emsisoft with a bit heavier on System.

G Data is not heavy on my test system. Some users of course report that it is heavy on their specific systems. That is same for all products.

G Data is similar to Emsisoft, but not exactly the same. It has a behavior blocker and uses Bitdefender signatures along with G Data signatures. G Data is working on improving the behavior blocker. Currently it does not prevent weaponized documents from accessing powershell, cmd and wscript. I have seen that they have recently added file modification by ransomware detection to the behavior blocker. G Data is a decent product. However, its behavior blocker is not equal to Emsisoft's at this moment in time.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
G Data is not heavy on my test system. Some users of course report that it is heavy on their specific systems. That is same for all products.

G Data is similar to Emsisoft, but not exactly the same. It has a behavior blocker and uses Bitdefender signatures along with G Data signatures. G Data is working on improving the behavior blocker. Currently it does not prevent weaponized documents from accessing powershell, cmd and wscript. I have seen that they have recently added file modification by ransomware detection to the behavior blocker. G Data is a decent product. However, its behavior blocker is not equal to Emsisoft's at this moment in time.
Hi.
right same as Kaspersky some users reported that Kaspersky is heavy but in my system it work like a charm :D
thanks for nice info,thank you very much to learn it to me ;)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From 4 products mentioned, 3 of them have licensed borrowed engine which will definitely increase the protection capabilities.

When it comes to overall active in threat prevention then it goes to Emsisoft IS, considering also the rise of ransomware attacks which manage to smart out well with core protection and Behavior Blocker.

Meanwhile Trustport and Gdata are also excel in the performance although still lack on those sophisticated threats.

While Dr.Web on the other hand is also a great alternative program but remember that the signature database are not so high because it mainly focus on those relevant threats.

I like G DATA because good database and BB for zero day malware and good firewall

I have license for it and test it regularly.
  • Signatures are good
  • BB still struggles to detect some attacks - such as Cerber ransomware, weaponized documents, malware that abuses powershell, cmd, wscript, etc
  • Firewall is decent
  • Overall not too many bugs - some - but nothing majorly annoying
They are working on improving the behavior blocker.

Even with some issues, G DATA is a decent product.

It seems techies find the product appealing more so than typical home users.

BB good or bad??

I and You know that G DATA is company leading for malware and Cyber threats

BB is not bad; it is good. The BB needs some enhancements to make it very good. Don't worry about it. G DATA is working on improving the BB. If you really like G DATA then keep using it.

I like the way the BB with auto-pilot turned off (manual) tells the user what the detected file just did on system.

LOL... my favorite part of G DATA is file shredder. I use it all the time.

Thanks bro

My name is amir and i from iran, and you?
i have quesion for anti ransomware G DATA, does this option not bug? this option can be avoid ransomware?:);)

G Data BB will miss some ransomware samples - like certain Cerber. BB is not quite yet perfected. There are some areas where BB needs improvement. G DATA is working to improve it.

If you have G DATA Total Security, then you have file\folder or drive backup. Backup is best anti-ransomware protection !! You can do cloud backup using G DATA to DropBox (free) which has file versioning in case your local DropBox files are encrypted and synced with the cloud. DropBox file versioning permits recovery !

If you like G DATA and it works well for you, then keep using it.

In your opinion, does g data or trustport??because i have license for g data and trustport:p

G DATA has behavior blocker whereas TrustPort has HIPS. HIPS in full interactive mode is more powerful than behavior blocker, but you need to know how the HIPS works in the product and how to respond to the HIPS alerts.

Really, just use the one that you like better. Follow the golden rule and use the product that works best for you personally. If you like it, then you will use it - and keep using it. That is part of a sound protection strategy.

My personal preference is G DATA.

Firewall hash file scan
Firewall port scan
Firewall Stealth port
Firewall blockin incoming unknown ip
Firewall blocking malware code
Does this option have trustport or g data?

Between trustport and g data witch good firewall for power user?

Both G DATA and TrustPort firewall are good for power user.

"Stealth Mode" is in G DATA. TrustPort has similar. It prevents port scans and incoming unknown IP address, but if you are behind NAT router, then your PC cannot be scanned from outside. So, not really needed unless you set up port forwarding from the router to your PC.

Unless you are target of hacker you do not really need to worry other than to "Stealth Ports\Mode."

Which GUI do you like better ? Which product do you like better ? Both products are good - basically at the same level of protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.