trying to help the senior citizens with their computer problems in my area for free--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m ___ and from
North America
Age group
41 - 50
Last known PC infection
Over 5 years ago or never
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
no preference
Fav. Videogame
original (not updated) Duke Nukem

donnaleedm

Thread author
Aug 8, 2015
I help the senior citizens in my area with their computer problems for free, and usually they have windows 7 and earlier, which I love. I am stuck now on one running windows 7 home premium that picked up bert and zombie news, and following the specific instructions on this site only goes so far before something sneaky comes up and reinfects/messes it up, despite me running a lot of cleaning programs and as much from the instructions on this forum as I can--but at one point it sticks, despite me having taken maybe eight trojans/viruses/etc. off, plus the countless bullcrap programs that come up vie zombie news. Since it is someone else's machine, I can't copy code etc. to paste here, and am just stuck: they naively run internet explorer, which I hate, which will not clean up on their machine despite reset. I am here to admit temporary defeat after working on it for three days, plus time in between to run extensive scans. Glad to be here, and I look forward to learning more. Thanks for any helpful ideas.

S

Sr. Normal

Welcome to MT

Caution: MT is really addictive!!
ecdZzvC.gif

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @donnaleedm. Even arriving rather late in welcoming you to this wondrous community, I'd like to express what a noble minded and selfless act you commit every time you help someone right their computer mishaps. Good for you! It's safe to say Malware Tips is peopled with like minded members among whom you already fit in with swimmingly!;) It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, & I'll look forward to seeing you around these parts again.
Viva Duke Nukem!!:D

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I help the senior citizens in my area with their computer problems for free, and usually they have windows 7 and earlier, which I love. I am stuck now on one running windows 7 home premium that picked up bert and zombie news, and following the specific instructions on this site only goes so far before something sneaky comes up and reinfects/messes it up, despite me running a lot of cleaning programs and as much from the instructions on this forum as I can--but at one point it sticks, despite me having taken maybe eight trojans/viruses/etc. off, plus the countless bullcrap programs that come up vie zombie news. Since it is someone else's machine, I can't copy code etc. to paste here, and am just stuck: they naively run internet explorer, which I hate, which will not clean up on their machine despite reset. I am here to admit temporary defeat after working on it for three days, plus time in between to run extensive scans. Glad to be here, and I look forward to learning more. Thanks for any helpful ideas.

Hi, just for interest: You might need to bring some patience with you with the elderly people, don't you? Or are they good in learning how to deal with PC's as the younger generation does? I once tried to learn my grandfather how to deal with the new laptop he bought himself (of course to better, more expensive model *laugh*), it now lies down on a table in the first floor, catching dust. Would be a great machine to catch some viruses has not seen internet for a while ;) Me cannot need the laptop, as well not his son / daughter, as we all have our own. He doesn't like to sell it, though.

But back to topic:

Welcome to MalwareTips Forum, feel yourself like home, and yes, just like Sr. Normal said, prepare to get addicted :D

Try out Emsisoft Emergency Kit (can be run during work on the PC) / Kaspersky Rescue Disk (great one, love that, but takes its time, I think it cannot run parallel to your work) and Hitman Pro (can be run during work on the PC, one time free licence for virus removal for 30 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.