Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Features

Get the brand new TuneUp Utilities™ 2012!
The Most Powerful TuneUp Utilities of All Time!

Boosts PC speed by up to 50%, all thanks to Program Deactivator 2012
Extends battery life with an all-new TuneUp Economy Mode
Saves power by up to 30% and upgrades PCs with an enhanced power management
30 tools in 1: more speed, better stability, less problems

Main Page

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
A screenshot I took in VM of its UI since its website does not show one yet.

GLnIj.png

I'll be sticking to my CCleaner. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

i want to see the resources usage, i know it create a service.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
yes, it's create service.
MrXidus probably will show RAM usage.

* for 2011 version just use 13.5MB with 2 processes.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
13.5MB on 2011 version ,and just 5.3MB RAM on 2012 version.
Decreasing RAM usage. Great.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Usint TU 2012 myself right now and I can say that the performance is better than the 2011 version, 2011 used to slow down my startup.

D

Deleted member 178

BoXX28 said:
Usint TU 2012 myself right now and I can say that the performance is better than the 2011 version, 2011 used to slow down my startup.

the reason why i didn't used it anymore, but did you gain in performance with its tweakings?

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
From TuneUp Blog

Recently published article on some of the new and enhanced features of TU 2012 plus the results of their internal benchmarking, claim significant improvements in battery life and performance:

Solved: Short battery life and high power consumption
Want proof? We used the benchmark suite PCMark 7 to simulate a heavy workload on a laptop. By throttling CPU, reducing display brightness, and reducing background activity, the laptop’s battery lasted 30% longer (37 minutes) with TuneUp Economy Mode as compared to Windows’ power-saving mode, all by pressing a single button! We’ll be writing a follow-up post that takes a deeper dive into the TuneUp Economy Mode benchmarking process, so stay tuned if you’d like to learn more.

High PC usage caused by third-party programs
Again, need proof? In our recent internal study, we determined boot time improvements of more than 30%: One heavily-loaded desktop needed 63 seconds to cold boot to the Windows desktop – TuneUp Utilities managed to make it load the desktop in 46 seconds. On a faster (SSD-based) Core i5 system, boot times went down from 33 seconds to 23 seconds. That’s quite an achievement. But it’s not about boot time: On the same PC, 2.65 GB of memory was used by programs – TuneUp Utilities 2012 brought it down to roundabout 1.05 GB. Largely thanks to TuneUp Program Deactivator! In the future, we’re going to publish some of our tests so you can see (and check!) for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.