New Update TunnelBear Blocker (Ads, Trackers, Scripts, Email Tracking, Ultrasonic and more!)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
TunnelBear Blocker sinks its teeth into online tracking to keep your browsing habits a little more private.

TunnelBear Blocker for Chrome is:
  • Handsome - Powerful online privacy protection wrapped in a simple, handsome bear design
  • Powerful - Sure, it can block simple ads, but it can also block scripts, trackers, flash, fingerprinting (beta), email tracking, ultrasonic tracking and more coming soon
  • Whitelist - Block everything like a ruthless privacy dictator or show a little love to privacy-friendly content publishers — you decide
  • TunnelBear Blocker is free and open source
  • Compatible with Nano Defender
Learn more about what TunnelBear Blocker blocks:
Learn More | TunnelBear Blocker

Does TunnelBear Blocker replace TunnelBear VPN?
Nope, TunnelBear Blocker compliments TunnelBear VPN. Combine TunnelBear Blocker with TunnelBear VPN to keep your browsing habits private from more sources like ISPs, hackers and websites that track your IP address.

TunnelBear Blocker’s Privacy Policy
Privacy Policy | TunnelBear Blocker

TunnelBear Blocker is open source, forked from uBlock Origin.

Other acknowledgements and appreciation here: Attribution and Acknowledgement | TunnelBear Blocker

1530091476910.png1530091378360.png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Its nice, but you cant add own lists there wich makes it stupid to have instead of ublock origin. Good alternative tho and doing well as standalone

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Its nice, but you cant add own lists there wich makes it stupid to have instead of ublock origin. Good alternative tho and doing well as standalone
Not everyone needs a highly customisable extension, and that's where this falls in. Not only is it free and open-source, which is a uBlock Origin fork, it's also visually pleasant.

Install and forget apps/extensions are not stupid.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Not everyone needs a highly customisable extension, and that's where this falls in. Not only is it free and open-source, which is a uBlock Origin fork, it's also visually pleasant.

Install and forget apps/extensions are not stupid.
Thats what i think too, well i kinda spelt it wrong. I meant id want to use both, but since you cant add own lists there im forced to go with ublock

but if i add hostslists to comodos webfilter, i can go with tunnelbear aswell

But yeah tunnelbear is nice, that fingerprint and flash

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
It seems tunnelbear adblocker has been removed from the chrome webstore, anyone have info?

Reactions: CyberTech

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Tunnelbear is back on webstore, seems to be same version than before since unblocking/whitelisting some sites doesnt work and you ahve to completely turn it off to visit them

But its great to bundle with nano/ublock

Reactions: harlan4096

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
with that extension in fb I get a lot of little faces underneath the login, deleted.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
For me its easier to run nanoblock + tunnelbear instead of having nanoblocker on easy/medium mode

It might break few sites, but you can disable it on them

Theres bug with flash gameclients/games where the fingerprint/javascript is turned off completely and the site wont load even you have tunnelbear disabled

But since flashplayer is going to die and most browsers already cutted it off i dont see huge problem with using tunnelbear

Its just easy way to get rid of tracking/ annoying scripts

I found it nice to have opera as browser + built in adblocking ( with fanboys lists) + tunnelbear you can get rid of other adblockers :whistle:

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@Spawn any idea why is fingerprint protection completely removed from tunnelbear blocker?

If it still had the fingerprint protection it would be good to go with i dont care about cookies extension, since it doesnt block cookies very effective as alone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.