Tweaking office 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Want to know your view point. I have a good machine, not gamer but good. I have office 2016 (365) in a 64 bits os in a pentium quad core and 8 Ram i want to know if have some tricks to tweaking office and dont enable some features what i dont need.
I only need wirte articles . I use spellchecker. I use Styles to put titles . I use only 2 or 3 fonts (arial, times, and basket ville or something likethat), i only need to put foot notes, page numbers, headers, some images, i dont know about the correspondence features, i dont want word have the option to read document, i only need the functions above . And tell me if i disable that office will be a litle faster?
In power point i dont use transitions, i record me explaining presentation, i use the suggestions stiles, and no more.
In excel i only use %, peasserons correlations, and sumatories.
In publisher my girl use it and one note i use all features.
Some sugestions to speed up office.
Oh i use citavi plug in and it does not work in libre office or another office alternative.

I n terms of perfomance office 2010 are better than 2016 365?

Thanks

Reactions: SHvFl

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
To customise Office, I think you could go to File>Options>Customise Ribbon and then check/uncheck the options according to what you want to see in the tabs. But I actually can't see the reason for someone to do that; if you don't use some option just leave it there. In terms of performance, maybe you should do your own test, but I tend do think that newer versions will consume more memory, CPU etc, so that may impact performance.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
As long as you don't have useless addins enabled there are not much you can do to speed up word. You are either using large files and saving often or your pc is of low specs.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As long as you don't have useless addins enabled there are not much you can do to speed up word. You are either using large files and saving often or your pc is of low specs.
+1
Go into options/add-ins, in all of your various office apps, and get rid of junk.

Reactions: SHvFl
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.